HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2001, 10:04 PM
SKINNI MINI flyer
Pearl River, LA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
645 Posts
Spad plane with jeti brushless? help!

Hi all! I was thinking of building a SPAD type airplane, but instead of glow i wanted to try electric on it. I was thinking 2mil corroplast for the wing, 4mil corroplast for the fuse, Hitec hs-81's.
Maybe a 36" span
25" to 30" length
probaly under 3 pounds all up and
flying weight
What im really curiuos about is will one of the Jeti brushless motors and matching ESC be a good power source? In paticular the Phasor 30/3 with jeti JES 40-3P controller.
Is this a good motor for what i want to do?
I just want a tuff, fast, plane with good vertical performance. If im way off please tell me, as im new at the whole prop/motor/cell count thing? BTW what prop should i use and how many and what kind of cells? Thanks for any comments!
If anything im thinking that this might be to much motor. I think hobby lobby says that this motor is good for models up to 88 ounces, Which is way more than im planning on. What other motor/cell/prop combos should i look into for this type of project? If possible please be specific on manufacter, size, gear ratios etc........... Im trying to learn as much as possible about e-flight it has me very excited!

[This message has been edited by Barrett (edited 09-09-2001).]
Barrett is offline Find More Posts by Barrett
to remove ads between posts