HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2004, 10:52 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,351 Posts
Motor Prop Test Results!

Ok I bought some of the GWS 3 bladed props for my warbirds, here are the test results,

The plane I tested it on is set up as follows:

GWS Spitfire
EPS 350C bb motor
ICS-300 Speed Controller
GW/R-4N Receiver
2 GWS Pico Naro Servos
plane is setup as only Aileron/Elevator/Throttle no landing gear is used I belly land on my grass field.

two setups tested:

8.4volt 7 cell 730 nimh battery pack using ep1080 prop ( flys great good speed even at half throttle can fly and in control) tip stalls are easy to recover from.

using the 3 bladed prop with the 8.4 volt, plane is realy a slug you lose about 25% of your speed when going to the 3 bladed prop, I did not have a 9 8 prop to test sorry I have heard it flys good on this prop also. will repot later.

9.6 volt battery 8 cell pack ( faster rpm using the 1080 prop but plane did not perform any better kinda felt like two much power not enough punch)

Now put on the 3 bladed prop on with the 9.6 volt pack and wow plane kicks some serious butt I have a computer radio and I set my throttle at 85% and it still flew great and at full power it would do loops from level flight with no problem even would go a little virtical ( I had heard of these props breaking in flight I did not have this problem with any of my 8 flights this morning)

I will shot some video of the plane in action with the 3 bladed props next week so stay tunned.
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
to remove ads between posts