HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2004, 03:07 PM
Swedes don't grow on trees
Sverige, Stockholms Län, Stockholm
Joined Jan 2001
496 Posts
Experience with Ripmax Evolution Sport?

Sorry about cross posting, but I got no response at all in the Electric sailplanes forum

Hi

I just thrashed my second hand Surprise 6 (flown on 10 cells and a home built LRK) and want to replace it with something more modestly priced. The Ripmax Evolution Sport looks like a good alternative, but has anyone actually owned one and flown it? It would cost me around $150 dollars delivered to my doorstep, shipping from Germany to Sweden. Is that cheap or will I be disappointed?

Evolution Sport

/ Jonas
Jonas Leander is offline Find More Posts by Jonas Leander
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2004, 06:09 PM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,468 Posts
Sorry for the Surprise . If the sport is like the competition you sure will enjoy this palne . Quiet&Electric Flight review this models few month ago . Good luck.
bidule is online now Find More Posts by bidule
Old May 07, 2004, 12:51 AM
Swedes don't grow on trees
Sverige, Stockholms Län, Stockholm
Joined Jan 2001
496 Posts
The major difference between the Sport and the Competition is that the Sport has a foam-veneer wing instead of a molded. Fuse is supposed to be the same.

/ Jonas
Jonas Leander is offline Find More Posts by Jonas Leander
Old May 07, 2004, 01:20 AM
F5D father
Vantaa, Finland
Joined Mar 2001
441 Posts
Sorry to hear about that , Jonas! You´ve seen me thrash a plane....
Tuomas Pietinen is offline Find More Posts by Tuomas Pietinen