Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 09, 2004, 09:59 AM
Master ReKitter
San Diego,Ca, USA
Joined Aug 2000
2,756 Posts
I'm coming around to the Lipo revolution as well. I have many nimh packs, but they seem lifeless and heavy when compared to the one 3S 2100 lipo that I'm using. I plan to keep adding lipos along with an EPP 3D plane.
uglyplane is offline Find More Posts by uglyplane
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2004, 12:14 PM
Hey y'all... watch this!
Bellevue, WA
Joined Jan 2004
852 Posts
It's a $$ thing... right?

The only reason not to get into lipo's is the $$, right? Sure, you have to upgrade the batteries and probably, you will need a new lipo charger as well. I started off flying GWS 370 style brushed motors with NiCad's. I wanted to go brushless but I made the decision to ugrade the batteries first. I just didn't have the money to do both.

I think most everyone will agree that upgrading your batteries first and getting into a brushless second is the proper order of events. Lipos will make you existing ship fly longer (more MAh) and better (lighter weight). A GWS 370 motor can be an awesome thing with a 3 cell lipo battery.

I appreciate your position. Don't go lipo until you have enough $$ to get two batteries and the charger. Charging at 1C means it takes over an hour to charge these batteries (with any charger) so you want more than one. Be sure to get a charger that will charge 1, 2, and 3 cell packs at the very least. Many chargers will do that and more. I've been very happy with my Triton charger.
Rex A Lott is offline Find More Posts by Rex A Lott
Old May 10, 2004, 05:59 PM
florida
Joined Apr 2004
298 Posts
lipo charger

I would recomend the Hobbico quick field charger mk 2. It charges lipo, nimh, and nicd. lipo 1-3 cells. 50.00 bucks and ive really liked it.

kyle
kombat kid is offline Find More Posts by kombat kid