Oct 24, 2014, 09:33 PM
Thread OP

Inexpensive charger recommendation *please help*

I have three 2s 450mah lipo that I need a charger for.

I don't plan on having anymore electric planes, so I need something cheap but will do the job without ruining the batteries.

What charger will work that is relatively cheap that can charge all 3 batteries at once?

All help is appreciated!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2014, 09:57 PM
Recreational Model Plane Pilot
I believe you believe you will not have any more electric planes. But you will. So; this would do it

Or this

This would take you a little farther down the road

And there are better, but more expensive chargers than this.
You may want to think about it more because you will have more electric planes.

Disclaimer: I don’t endorse the first two and you will have to make a parallel charging cable to accommodate the safe charging of the batteries.
Last edited by Rhea; Oct 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Added disclaimer
Oct 24, 2014, 10:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea
I believe you believe you will not have any more electric planes. But you will. So; this would do it

Or this

This would take you a little farther down the road

And there are better, but more expensive chargers than this.
You may want to think about it more because you will have more electric planes.

Disclaimer: I don’t endorse the first two and you will have to make a parallel charging cable to accommodate the safe charging of the batteries.

Would I be able to plug in a parallel board and charge three 2s batteries at the same time with this one?
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414206458.073910.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 139.4 KB
Description:
Oct 24, 2014, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyg563
Would I be able to plug in a parallel board and charge three 2s batteries at the same time with this one?
Attachment 7220741
See disclaimer
Oct 24, 2014, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
See disclaimer

Can't find anywhere where it says I can't or cannot use a parallel board to charge multiples.

If anyone else can pitch in, would be greatly appreciated!
Oct 25, 2014, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Attachment 7220741
Quote:
Can't find anywhere where it says I can't or cannot use a parallel board to charge multiples.

A charger cannot tell how many batteries are connected if they are connected in parallel. The charger sees them as one battery.

Therefore your only problem would be to find a parallel board that can connect to a 4S port on the charger. However the only parallel boards I am familiar with are for 6S.

Here there are some balance cables that work on 2S and 3S:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rallel+balance

You would also have find a parallel lead for the main charge cable.

Glen
Oct 25, 2014, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Attachment 7220741
Quote:
See disclaimer
Quote:

Quote:

You will have to make a cable
Oct 25, 2014, 09:10 AM
Thread OP

Inexpensive charger recommendation *please help*

I already have this parallel board. Bought it from the site where I bought the plane and batteries. It is for 2s and 3s batteries Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414246250.988681.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 170.8 KB
Description:
Oct 25, 2014, 09:27 AM
If your battery connectors will connect to that board you are good to go. And yes, any charger can be used to parallel charge multiple batteries.
Oct 25, 2014, 09:56 AM
That parallel board will work. Just remember when parallel charging set the charge rate to the sum of the batteries’ currents. The voltage remains whatever it is. For instance with the 2 cell set the charger to 2S or 7.4 V. for 3S set for 11.1V.

Do not mix 2S and 3S during the same charge set up.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:08 AM
With that board you could use a charger that makes connection to the power leads as well as the balance leads. The Sky RC E3 will only provide charging power and balance through the balance leads
The Sky RC E4 and the Dynam Supermate—and better chargers—will charge through the power leads and balance through the balance leads.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
With that board you could use a charger that makes connection to the power leads as well as the balance leads. The Sky RC E3 will only provide charging power and balance through the balance leads
The Sky RC E4 and the Dynam Supermate—and better chargers—will charge through the power leads and balance through the balance leads.
Really appreciate the help. I think I will go with the sky rc e4.
Just want something to charge these 3 only batteries.

When it says 1A 2A and 3A, which setting do I put it on for these 2s?
Oct 25, 2014, 12:16 PM
In your first post you wrote you have three 450 mAh batteries. Since that is close to .5A you could set the charger to 1A for two at a time and either 1A or 2A for all three at one time.
With three in parallel it would be a total of about 1.5 Amps (that’s .5A X 3) so if you charged three at one time with the charger set to 2A that’s about 33% above 1C. Most good batteries should be able to take a 2C charge.
If you want to be conservative charge them at the 1A setting and you will not be charging them above 1C then.
Oct 26, 2014, 06:52 PM
Thread OP
Thanks everyone! Helped a lot!
Oct 28, 2014, 07:03 PM

Re CHARGER

A Turnigy Accucell 6 $30.00 I use it and it is great

Quick Reply