SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 09, 2001, 04:28 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,507 Posts
UK E Zoners are real people....

...and not, as I suspected, just figments of my hardrives imagination!

Went to the BEFA AGM/jumble sale yesterday, and was delighted to meet Neil Stainton, Mark G & David 'Bubbles' Thuenissen. All very knowledgable and committed gentlemen - I felt a bit of a thicko and a charlatan in comparison!

Wait a mo. What if you are all just imaginary; does that make me an illusion too?

tim(I've got an IFO!)
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2001, 06:12 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
Oh dear. I guess that as I didn't go to the BEFA AGM I'm just a figment of someone's odd imagination. Though I have met Neil a couple of times, in fact I nearly kneecapped him with my first attempt to fly indoors though with any luck he's forgotten that. Or at least he had And I've met David T but for some reason I've never had an electric model with me at the time.

Did anything interesting happen at the AGM ?

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Apr 09, 2001, 08:46 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,037 Posts
I met at least 2 other UK Ezoners at Bracknell last week (having an Ezone sticker on the wing of your model helps!). Spent yesterday at the Gillingham indoor meeting - good fun. Amazingly, mine was the only Mini IFO there. There was one IFO mk3 but he had r/c problems and didn't fly. Mostly Pico Sticks and the like, think we had 9 models airborne at one point! Didn't see a mid-air all day though (big hall).
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Apr 10, 2001, 01:22 AM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,926 Posts
Tim, it was very nice to meet you and also Mark. Thank you for taking the trouble to introduce yourself. I saw David Thuenissen but was too busy buying and selling to introduce myself. I had a good chat with Jan Bassett too. Gordon was also good to talk too - but he was busy with customers most of the time.
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old Apr 10, 2001, 03:34 PM
UK
Joined Aug 2000
1,082 Posts
Hi Tim. I was good to put a face to the name (properly) and meet my main Bubbles agent! Gordon is always very helpful, even to the point of volunteering to order an Orbit for me! Sigh, these visits to Leamington Spa can be expensive sometimes!
David T is offline Find More Posts by David T
Old Apr 10, 2001, 04:40 PM
UK
Joined Mar 2000
1,197 Posts
I dont exist
Doc Watson is offline Find More Posts by Doc Watson
Old Apr 11, 2001, 08:40 AM
Pontypridd, Wales, UK
Joined Oct 2000
403 Posts
(Looking around) Who said that??!!??
Clive Henry Jones is offline Find More Posts by Clive Henry Jones
Old Apr 11, 2001, 12:09 PM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
So err....Did anything interesting happen at the AGM ?

Or were you all too busy spending money to bother with the talk shop ? Will there still be an "Electric Flight" magazine ? Did Bob find anyone to take over as Membership Sec ? Not that I'm sure he really wants anyone, I think he rather likes playing the martyr.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Apr 28, 2001, 07:08 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,664 Posts
Well I can also confirm that ezoners are real people having today had the pleasure of meeting Tim Hooper at the local indoor flying venue in North Wales - and Tim's pal Bob whom I understand is also a lurking ezoner. Great to meet you chaps - maybe you could bring your IFO next time Tim, then one of us might get a flight .

I really hope that when the F&M is consigned to the pyre of 2001 history that perhaps the UK ezoners informal flying meet that was intended for the spring could take place. It would be great to meet more ezoners and put some faces to names.

cheers

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Apr 28, 2001, 11:20 PM
Keremeos, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 1996
632 Posts
I'll say they're real; no one could possibly invent the inbred wit and control the the UK group shows on this site. I ALWAYS read their responses, regardless of the subject, and am seldom disappointed.
Terry Lyttle is offline Find More Posts by Terry Lyttle
Old Apr 29, 2001, 04:30 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Lyttle:
.....the inbred wit..
Inbred twit, more like!

tim

tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Apr 29, 2001, 07:25 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,664 Posts
'ere oo you calling an inbred twit - wait'll I tell the sist....erm wife

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Apr 29, 2001, 07:53 AM
Oxford(ish), England
Joined Feb 2001
389 Posts
IMPORTANT TEST:

I don't exist, so if you're reading this you are clearly hallucinating and require immediate medical attention.

ONLINE SHOPPING OFFER:

For the very BEST in psychiatric care, email your credit card details to;

GDB1973@yahoo.co.uk
DON'T delay, EMail TODAY!

YOU may be suffering. In tests, everyone who emailed in their credit card details was proven to be afflicted with terrible mental illnesses (Frequently suffering horribly with chronic gullability). Rush your MAIL now, before all the Zagi Pilot do! (And WOW, are they a bunch of loonies! - Must get me one - A Zagi, not a pilot)
gdb1973 is offline Find More Posts by gdb1973
Old May 01, 2001, 11:00 PM
Keremeos, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 1996
632 Posts
...as I said, never disappointed... I heard more good lines in one evening at a Brit pub than you would hear in a whole year of TV "comedy".
Terry Lyttle is offline Find More Posts by Terry Lyttle