SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2004, 08:23 PM
Danger! Danger!
Portland Intl, Oregon, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,915 Posts
Pheonix 45 dated September 2003 won't work with PHX-link

Okay, We have the new PHX-link set up at work and I used it today to set up my new pheonix 25. But I tried to hook up my Pheonix 45 that's dated Sept. 2003 and it won't work. On the website it states that ESCs dated August 2003 and newer should work with the link. I don't really want to send the ESC in, but if I have no other choice then I can. I'm just not a fan of doing the whole transmitter programming. Any advice/help?

Oh, and my Pheonix 10 has softstart programming (a requirement for it to work with the PHX-link) and it doesn't work either.

The Pheonix 25 works perfectly.

-Frank
FrankW is offline Find More Posts by FrankW
Last edited by FrankW; May 02, 2004 at 08:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2004, 05:02 AM
Brisbane Australia
Joined Nov 2003
804 Posts
Not an expert (only got mine on Friday) but I had one brand new PH10 and one purchased in December. The new one worked instantly the December one not at all. I remembered a few threads that suggested multiple plugging unplugging cycles and went to town on that with no resluts.

There was also another thread that spoke about getting it to recognise a working one, swap it for a non working one and then all would be well. This worked to a point but the software upload hung. So I unplugged plugged the ESC and it went like normal. Now it is recognised each time.

All of the above is probably against all the rules but the worst that can happen is you need to send the ESC back to CC for a free update.

Michael
mjdoz is offline Find More Posts by mjdoz
Last edited by mjdoz; May 03, 2004 at 05:05 AM.