SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 07, 2001, 04:28 PM
Wakefield, MA
Joined Feb 2001
769 Posts
X-250 Set Up

I checked all the threads and have Larry's settings printed out, but what I want to know is how about for initial testing? I saw some talk of the battery being much further forward than expected (1/4" from front of tray). Where is a good point to balance for a stable first flight? And control settings for that matter.

I took my baby (http://www.ezonemag.com/disc/Forum1/HTML/008703.html) out last night for the first time and had a hair raising ride. Well I only broke a couple of props and messed up the motor mount, but I'd rather not do that again. I did make one big mistake, I haven't flown anything for about three weeks now and didn't warm up before my maiden voyage. Next time I'll be sure to take my Zagi along!
member73 is offline Find More Posts by member73
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2001, 05:46 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
CG as per instructions is fine. He talks about the range, and it's pretty much spot on. Check your wing for warps, however - was to see if you lay it inverted on a table top, and walk away from it - the bottom edge should dissapear all along the wing at the same time. I like twitchy control throws, but if you don't, set them per instructions but with low rates also for takeoff and landings..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 07, 2001, 09:45 PM
Wakefield, MA
Joined Feb 2001
769 Posts
Tonight I took my Zagi out first. Got a couple of packs through it before trying the X250. I also had my girlfriend with me, maybe she's good luck? All I can say is wow, what a difference. The plane flies great. The only problem was I was flying from a baseball diamond surrounded by trees that was a little tight for my comfort. I can't believe how much faster the X250 is than the Zagi. I had a hard time staying in front of it for the first few minutes. I did a few landings, kept doing a three point landing at best, which isn't good for the nose gear on grass. The last landing was very sweet, greased her in. I can't wait to try it out on a bigger field to see what it can really do! It is now set up with ailerons at neutral, I might set them down a little to slow things down until I get used to it.

btw, I moved the cg forward to about 1/2"-3/4" in front of the balsa sheet joint. That seemed to work much better for me (at least for now).
member73 is offline Find More Posts by member73
Old Sep 08, 2001, 03:57 PM
Bellport, NY, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,219 Posts
Hi 73...

Don't be affraid to slow the X250 down. The stall speed is about 12mph so throttle back to just above half throttle and relax.

Larry
Larry @ SR is offline Find More Posts by Larry @ SR
Old Sep 08, 2001, 11:16 PM
Coram,NY,USA
Joined Oct 2000
75 Posts
I just finished "rebuilding" my X250
tonight hope to fly tomorrow with some
better results than I've had with the
last few disasterous outings
tomr is offline Find More Posts by tomr