HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 08, 2004, 11:59 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Here's a peek at what is on the building table.

Ooooh, looks like someone is building a Shock Flyer !

It's an Extra 300 3D Aerobatic Park Flyer by Tim Hart at Foamy Factory Models.

http://www.foamyfactory.com/airplanes.htm

The plans were $15, but this baby has RAVE reviews.
That price includes the plans for a 36", a 40", and a 44". The plans come in several formats as well. I burned them to a CD & took it to Kinky's & they printed the 36" full page on one BIG sheet. Much better than printing the tiled version at home & all that lining up, taping & cutting.
Here are the 2 threads:

Part 1 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=203550

Part 2 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...38#post1971338

Will keep ya'll posted on progress. This one should be a ton of fun !

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2004, 12:02 AM
Team Broke
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Here's the brand new Slow Stick !
Only 2 flights so far.
Old May 09, 2004, 12:06 AM
Team Broke
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
And the rest of the gang, just hangin around.
(The Cap 232 is out in the other room)

Anyone going to Carlisle, or Edwards tomorrow ?

Not sure if I'll make it or not.

Later,
Jim
Old May 09, 2004, 05:10 AM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Nice job on the cutting Jim! I am leaving for AZ in a few hours so can't make it to the field till next Sunday.
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old May 09, 2004, 08:29 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Saturday Flying....Results!

Flew the large SKY RAIDER for a total of 7 flights with great results. Only one minor mishap at the end of the 6th flight, when one particular battery pack came down in voltage suddenly and I was able to turn her around into the wind but, she slowed down just too much 3 feet off the ground and slammed down hard on the mains. Damage assessment was one APC 12 X 8 "E" prop and GD-600 Spur Gear. The main wire was just bent back in shape

The Formosa went up three times with fanstastic results and no mishaps. Wonderful knife edge fly-bys, inverted flights, tumbles, rolls, etc....

The HOBBICO SUPER STAR EP went up four times with super air speed with the Magnetic Mayhem in the GD-600 gearbox using the 2.5:1 ratio and the APC "E" 12 X 10 prop. using just 7-cells, GP-3300mAH!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old May 09, 2004, 08:31 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Little JOE showed up after a 10 month vacation from the field and the hobby. He came a different man and told me that he is a single man and fortunately he still has all of his models and gear. He will try to join us next weekend!

Carlos
Old May 10, 2004, 01:20 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Fantastic flight with SKY RAIDER MACH-I (High Wing) !

It must have been blowing about 8 MPH with gusts to 10 MPH at least and I pointed her into the wind (South-South East) and she took off very steady and gentle like as that when I flew her at R/C WORLD during last Electric Fly-In.

She went up with authority and performed the best rolls going down wind. She performed several consecutive loops facing the wind. Then, a couple there yelled at me to take her up high so, I did and she just stayed up there about 100 feet up with just 1/4 throttle! I was able to loop and roll her while at this throttle setting and allowing her to gain air speed as she came down. I was able to fly her inverted for two laps around the field and she flew very solid and steady while passing right in front of those there!

She was already 10 minutes into the flight and I didn't want to push my luck so, I had to nose her in for a landing otherwise she would not come down!

My HOBBICO SUPER STAR EP flew in that wind conditions very well too and she has lots of prop speed and went right into the wind with great determination and she didn't exhibit any bad habbits going into the wind.

Formosa went up with great power and penetration into the wind. She even performed consecutive CUBAN-8's while wind was hitting her sideways! Knife edge performance is just SUPER with this model. I was able to command my Formosa to perform several knife edge passes near the park side and with great control at half throttle with the RAZOR RZ-400!

Great SUNDAY afternoon and what a way to end a nice (Mother's Day Weekend)!

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; May 10, 2004 at 01:35 AM.
Old May 10, 2004, 07:52 AM
Team Broke
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
So.... what has everyone been up to ?

Carlos, any progress on your low wing Mach I ? How about that Chipmunk ?
You too Jerry, I really want to see that Chipmunk fly ! Who will maiden thiers first ?

Earl, Chuck, Rob, Eddy, Luis, Ed..... anything NEW on the building board ?
Eddy, Luis, how about some pics of that new Cap 232 ???

Let's see your latest projects....

Jim

Making a little progress on the new 3-D Foamie !
Found a use for my Formosa decals I had lying around !
Last edited by fishdeth; May 10, 2004 at 07:58 AM.
Old May 10, 2004, 08:28 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdeth

Carlos, any progress on your low wing Mach I ? How about that Chipmunk ?
You too Jerry, I really want to see that Chipmunk fly ! Who will maiden thiers first ?

Jim

Making a little progress on the new 3-D Foamie !
Found a use for my Formosa decals I had lying around !
Chipmunk is still in the box and I am almost finished with the MACH-II. Got the STEARMAN that is waiting for a new CC PHX-25 from CC who admitted that I have one that has the resistor value that will not work with the HIMAX motor.

Carlos
Old May 10, 2004, 08:34 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Warning!! Leave Your Car Doors Locked While Flying!!!

Okay, it's been two days that I have not been able to locate my OLYMPUS D-540 (2.0 mega pixal) digital camera.

I had it all day Saturday and it was on the front (Right) passenger seat and when I arrived at home, I could not locate it.

I have to disable my car alarm to allow for charging off my car battery but, I am still able to lock the car doors. It happens that on Saturday, I must have forgotten to lock the car doors as a result of having to come in and out of the car for hardware for my models.

Of course since this is NOT A PRIVATE FIELD and strangers walk up on us. It appears that someone took it while everyone at the field was busy flying or paying attention their own models.

I have looked all day Sunday and can't seem to locate the camera and that's after I completely took apart both cars at home and looked everywhere.

PLEASE LOCK YOUR CAR DOORS WHILE YOU GO FLYING OR JUST DON'T BRING EXPENSIVE CAMERA EQUIPMENT!

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; May 10, 2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old May 10, 2004, 10:44 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Earl Gas Model went in, Sunday evening!

Earl,

Once again, sorry to see that wonderful GAS model go in!

Seems like the relative air speed of the model was at a stall...too bad you didn't have enough height to turn her into the wind...

I am sure you are going to repair it soon and take your time so, you won't miss anything.

Carlos
Old May 10, 2004, 12:19 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdeth

Jim
I know, i know,...I am easy to forget

I still have that turbo hawk (prop driven), and maybe another wal-mart creation (the small glider) that should grace the field soon. not to mention the Dash-7, and RC-mower i have to fix. But most of my time has been devoted to brushless motors. It looks like i am going to manufacture most of the parts for CD-rom motor kits for www.gobrushless.com.

I see you have been busy Jim

Toby
dogon1013 is offline Find More Posts by dogon1013
Old May 10, 2004, 03:08 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
... NOT A PRIVATE FIELD ... Carlos
Sorry to hear about this. Which field was it?

Dave T.
tippy is offline Find More Posts by tippy
Old May 10, 2004, 03:30 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy
Sorry to hear about this. Which field was it?

Dave T.
CARLISLE FIELD (a.k.a., HOME DEPOT FIELD ACROSS FROM WATERFORD MALL).

It's my carelessness for not locking the car while I take my models about 25 feet away into the field and can't really pay attention to my car while I fly

Oh, well, I will buy a better one and will not leave it in my car!

Carlos
Old May 10, 2004, 04:03 PM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
Earl

how is the baby sukhoi comming?

Brad
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Closed Thread