HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 15, 2004, 04:06 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
New World Models At Graves R/c

HOT REPORT:

Earl and Gerry just reported that GRAVES R/C has some "NEW" models from WORLD MODELS that are especially made for Electric R/C and some that are super light, made for GAS but, can converted to E-power with no problem.

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2004, 06:13 PM
Orlando Fl
Joined Jan 2002
1,900 Posts
Hey guys, I am home! John V, even if you don't fly with us you can still chat with the gang.
Chuck
Chuck McHugh is offline Find More Posts by Chuck McHugh
Old May 16, 2004, 11:12 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Ed, Jim (Fishdeth), Earl, Gerry, and Dave showed up at EDWARDS to fly touch and goes.

Ed came with his large J3 Piper GAS 4-cycle to just start her up and he began to taxi around the concrete band pratice hard surface. It's so smooth that the model seem to go pretty fast even on idle.

Gerry flew his light J3 Stick, Earl flew his Herr Engineering PT-17 Stearman and his Steven's Aero Distraction, Ed flew his Cornon Heli, Slow stick with spoilerrons, and his fanstastic TM400 with MEGA 16/15/7 direct drive powered TIGER MOTH.

Dave flew his Christian Eagle with the EPS-400C "D" gearing and the GWS "SF" 11 X 8 prop. and Wow! It sure flys very well and came down for a vertical landing. Upon just a little thrust it immediately lifts the tail for instand take off in less than 3 feet if not inches on the smooth concrete band practice area.

Jim was preparing for a flight on his new 3D Blue Foam creation but, I had to leave.

Great day at Edwards!
Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; May 16, 2004 at 04:36 PM.
Old May 16, 2004, 06:56 PM
Orlando
Joined Jun 2003
336 Posts
Hey guys,

Long time since my last post, went home for Summer vacation.

Jim, I'll post some pics of my Cap 232 in a couple of days, i need to borrow a friends Digital Camera. I do have another project on my work table, I'm trying to make A Cheap indestructible(semi-indestructible) airplane, I need to test it this week, And see how things work out.

Toby, Whats the progress on that Sidewinder(Bi-Disk) type brushless motor?

Luis
GWSLAWNDART is offline Find More Posts by GWSLAWNDART
Old May 17, 2004, 04:54 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
96 Inch OLD TIMER Project Status!

Amazing Project! Recall that 96 inch OLD TIMER PROJECT?

Well, looks like he maiden it this past weekend and here's some pic's of the finish project/model ! AMAZING and POWERED by the DEWALT CORDLESS DRILL "BRUSH" MOTOR !

Way to GO!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228709

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...72#post2172172
Old May 17, 2004, 05:10 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Dewalt Cordless Drill motor and belt drive unit.....
Old May 17, 2004, 11:14 AM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSLAWNDART
Hey guys,

Long time since my last post, went home for Summer vacation.

Toby, Whats the progress on that Sidewinder(Bi-Disk) type brushless motor?

Luis
That project is on hold for now. I am spending most of my free time building parts for www.Gobrushless.com . we basically have the design done for double and tripple stack CDR motor kits. they will look very professional and have everything you need to assemble your own brushless motor when they are done. and they will be very reasonably priced. it will be at least 3 weeks before the kits are ready to ship though.

Toby
dogon1013 is offline Find More Posts by dogon1013
Old May 17, 2004, 12:21 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogon1013
That project is on hold for now. I am spending most of my free time building parts for www.Gobrushless.com . we basically have the design done for double and tripple stack CDR motor kits. they will look very professional and have everything you need to assemble your own brushless motor when they are done. and they will be very reasonably priced. it will be at least 3 weeks before the kits are ready to ship though.

Toby
Gee Toby,

Don't forget you flying buddies over CARLISLE FIELD (a.k.a., HOME DEPOT) so, most of us can be your experiementation customers. Having a new product to be monitored close to home is very helpful since we can meet and log flights, measure AMPs, WATTS, Prop size/pitch/type and provide you with product data such that you can use it for recommended application for prospective customers and issue warrantee limits for the motor.

Not to mention the appropriate partner for Electronic Speed control for the best efficiency and modulation for your new motor.

Let me know if you are looking for volunters to provide historical data on the first new motors you may have on hand.

I will BUY it off of you and be glad to keep track any parameter you like in a log book.

Carlos
Old May 17, 2004, 06:09 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Gee Toby,

Don't forget you flying buddies over CARLISLE FIELD (a.k.a., HOME DEPOT) so, most of us can be your experiementation customers. Having a new product to be monitored close to home is very helpful since we can meet and log flights, measure AMPs, WATTS, Prop size/pitch/type and provide you with product data such that you can use it for recommended application for prospective customers and issue warrantee limits for the motor.

Not to mention the appropriate partner for Electronic Speed control for the best efficiency and modulation for your new motor.

Let me know if you are looking for volunters to provide historical data on the first new motors you may have on hand.

I will BUY it off of you and be glad to keep track any parameter you like in a log book.

Carlos

Don't worry carlos, i don't think anyone can ever forget you.

The one thing that is holding us back is a shippment of shafts, after those come in the motors can be built. although i guess in the mean-time a GWS shaft will work.

do you want to build some carlos? (and others) it is a time consuming and somewhat frustrating process to wind your own (at least the first time). i do not have much time to build the actual motors, since i will be makeing the parts, but if you would like an early crack at the kit, i will see what i can do. There is a tutorial on www.gobrushless.com that will give you an idea of what is involved. you will have to get your own stators, magnets,and bearings from gobrushless for the time being. i am currently only makeing the cans for the double and tripple stack 22.7mm stator.

I know brad is in . Chuck, did you ever make your own motor?

I will make it to edwards once the winds calm down to maiden my turbo hawk-p (who knows when that will be...). i may also stop by Carlisle, but that nice concrete slab at edwards looks much safer for my plane. and the lack of motocrossers is a pluss.

Toby
Old May 17, 2004, 09:57 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Toby,

Yes, I like to take a crack at it!

Let me know what I need to order...
-------------------------------------------------------------------

CARLISLE FIELD FLIGHT REPORT (MONDAY EVENING FLYING)

Arrived at 6:10PM Eastern with Howard and Howard went up first with his Super Fast HOTLINER Glider. He did two flights with the most excellent stunts and high flying technics.

I flew my large SKY RAIDER MACH-I for a total of 5 flights to see how she handled the bumpy winds of this afternoon. It was about 8 MPH with gusts to almost 10 MPH coming from the EAST - SOUTH/EAST. At times it was really bumpy and even for Howards glider.

The SKY RAIDER MACH-I performed spectacular giving me an average of 10 1/2 minute flights. She flew inverted for two laps around the field and into the wind like there was no wind. At times and depending on the throttle settings she just stayed like a slow stick just perfectly almost still over head However, the second and third flights was nothing but, action packed flying with lots of rolls, inverted flight, and consecutive loops. This model is the best I have ever owned for high windy conditions and even dead calm conditions. I myself and those there at the field was surprised how well she handled the wind.

FORMOSA and HOBBICO SUPER STAR both went up once each and performed just great. The SUPER STAR gave me 10 1/2 minute flight (using the 7-cell, GP-3300mAH, Ni-MH) with lots of loops and good climb abilities. The FORMOSA just ripped through that wind like a knife now that the RAZOR RZ-400 is much better secured in the gearbox using #14 O-RIngs from HOME DEPOT.

Just wonderful Monday evening flying!!!!!

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; May 17, 2004 at 10:18 PM.
Old May 18, 2004, 09:17 AM
Look what I did:D
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
cool we get enough people we can hold pylon races with same motor and plane just different winds. prove our designs.
plumb is offline Find More Posts by plumb
Old May 18, 2004, 09:28 AM
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
oops
Last edited by plumb; May 18, 2004 at 09:31 AM.
Old May 18, 2004, 05:18 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
Carlos, Brad, and others, here is what you need.

I would suggest a double-stack as your first motor, a tripple stack is harder to wind. you should get better than speed 350 performance from a double stack, depending on your wind.

From www.gobrushless.com
2 - 22.7mm dia stator (3 for a tripple stack)
2 - 6*3*2.5mm bearings (or you can use GWS bearings)
wire - i suggest 26ga as a good starting point for torque, if you want speed go for the thinner 28ga ,or get lots of different gauges and experiment. radioshak sells some (that is what i have used) and Skycraft surplus has a great selection. gobrushless does have "newbie wire" in 3 different colors.

for magnets go here: http://www.engconcepts.net/Magnets/P...x_Magnets.html

12 -10*3*2mm for doublestack (50 for $20)
12 - 15*4*2mm for tripplestack (50 for $40)

now you just need a 3mm shaft, from a broken CD-rom drive or you can use a GWS shaft, but if it bends, it will be a pain to replace.

Let me know when you get this and i will help you out the rest of the way.

Toby
Old May 18, 2004, 08:23 PM
orlando,Fl
Joined Mar 2003
928 Posts
ok who wants to split fifty magnets for a double stack? the gws shaft is easy to put a prop saver on and cut the end off . ive slammed one into the ground and it bent the bell and smashed the prop but the prop survives to live in another motor.

Brad
Old May 18, 2004, 08:59 PM
Orlando
Joined Jun 2003
336 Posts
Brad,

I'm Down for Splitting the 50 magnets with you.

Luis
GWSLAWNDART is offline Find More Posts by GWSLAWNDART
Closed Thread