SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2004, 12:58 AM
San Carlos, California, United States
Joined May 2002
7,640 Posts
EHBG/Electric Helicopter Beginner's Guide version 12

Version 12 of the Electric Helicopter Beginner's Guide (EHBG). Please read this if you are new to helicopters or new to electric helicopters. It covers choosing an electric helicopter, various construction tips, choosing a motor, ESC, etc.

New for this version: Stats on new helicopters and lots of minor updates and corrections

Text version is attached to this message. I will place the Word version at:

http://ehbg.rchomepage.com

Thanks to all the people who offered to do a PDF version... there is now
a PDF version available as well.

Toshi

P.S. URL has now been corrected - had a typo in it! Doh!
TMorita is offline Find More Posts by TMorita
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2004, 06:48 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined May 2003
5,263 Posts
Thanks Toshi. I am a newbie, and have already learned much from your beginner guide. I have one suggestion however.

There are a lot of tips and upgrades for the corona, logo, piccolo..etc, but I don't see the same tips for the skylark/hummingbird/gws dragonfly. eg, what BL motor upgrades work...etc.

I have bought a GWS Dragonfly, and there are a lot of other newbies out there who seem do have done the same, so I think it would be good if this could be included sometime down the track....maybe V13.

Now I know the Dragonfly is not the most recommended model, but for some people, like me in Australia, it is cheap with easy access to spares. I can't get a Corona down here easily and spares would be just as bad.
OzzieFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzzieFlyer
Old Apr 25, 2004, 08:09 PM
San Carlos, California, United States
Joined May 2002
7,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFlyer
Thanks Toshi. I am a newbie, and have already learned much from your beginner guide. I have one suggestion however.

There are a lot of tips and upgrades for the corona, logo, piccolo..etc, but I don't see the same tips for the skylark/hummingbird/gws dragonfly. eg, what BL motor upgrades work...etc.

That's because I didn't have a skylark/hummingbird/gws dragonfly. I have a hummingbird CP now so I'll put in some tips for that as I develop some.

Also, I'll look around and see if there's some recommended BL motor configurations for those.

Toshi
TMorita is offline Find More Posts by TMorita