SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2004, 07:34 PM
zen pilot
milwaukee WI USA
Joined Jun 2000
159 Posts
Bristol f2b

thought i would post some pictures of my latest project a Bristol f2 b from my own plans, these photos are from two weeks ago , the plane is now close to being done, i"ll post more pictures soon . i just had to post them now before peter rake beats me to this one. specs are 35 in span ,344 sq.in. 18 to 20 oz wt , geared sp 400 . i designed it for 7 to 8 cells but i may use lipos instead.
bronco is offline Find More Posts by bronco
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2004, 07:39 PM
zen pilot
milwaukee WI USA
Joined Jun 2000
159 Posts
i will have more pics tommorow. i tried to keep thing simple but its taken on a life of its own . the bottom wing is mounted below the fusalage on unscale pylon for the sake of keeping it simple.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 07:31 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,440 Posts
Very, Very nice. You will get more scale points with another wing, though Seriously though, It really does look good. Nice Work.
vonJaerschky is offline Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Apr 27, 2004, 01:23 PM
New Boston, Texas, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,653 Posts
Looks great. Will you be offering the plans?

Jim
JIMA is offline Find More Posts by JIMA
Old Apr 27, 2004, 04:02 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Nice looking model.! There's not that many plans for electric Bristol Fighters about, so I'm watching your progress with interest - good luck!

Steve
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Apr 27, 2004, 04:04 PM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,116 Posts
Looks nice, but wasn't the F2b a BIplane?
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Apr 27, 2004, 04:32 PM
zen pilot
milwaukee WI USA
Joined Jun 2000
159 Posts
ok ok indeed it was a 2 winger ,i would like to offer the plane as a plan any ideas on how to go about that,perhaps a friend who has a web site ?(hint hint wink wink ....dean?)any way here are some more pic s ,still needs the iterplane struts and some details added ,also better wheels.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:08 PM
Joined Jan 2003
2,653 Posts
Here is a place you can post the plans. http://plans.rcmodell.hu/

Jim
Old Apr 28, 2004, 03:52 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,116 Posts
Bronco - I was only teasing. That now looks a lot more like an F2b and is looking good.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Jun 21, 2004, 01:03 PM
zen pilot
milwaukee WI USA
Joined Jun 2000
159 Posts
it's been awhile but i finaily finished my bristal and it's had it's first flight that went well after 3 ground loops first . trying to take off from a muddy baseball infield does have it's share of problems.take off run of about 30 feet resulted in a nice climb out with a little down trim needed for level flight. left turn right turn no problems then a power off stall again no trouble. i then flew a couple of laps of the field and it was getting near time to leave for work, so i lined up for a landing on the in field again ,running out dirt i stalled it a few inches up and it plopped down with no roll out, not a scale type landing but it was on the ground in one piece . here are the finished specs 35.5 inch span ,17,5 oz wt ,3 channel funtion .a graupner 3321 motor geared 2.5 to 1 a top flight 9x7 wood prop and a 830mah apogee lipo cell. so far only the one flight, weather around here has been really bad ,also here are a couple of pics, sorry no in flight pics,i was alone at the time .Bruce
Last edited by bronco; Jun 21, 2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 01:11 PM
zen pilot
milwaukee WI USA
Joined Jun 2000
159 Posts
doh
Old Jun 21, 2004, 01:13 PM
zen pilot
milwaukee WI USA
Joined Jun 2000
159 Posts
1 more
Old Jun 21, 2004, 02:28 PM
Joined Jan 2003
2,653 Posts
Sweet!!!

Jim
Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:34 AM
Cumbria
Joined Apr 2003
371 Posts
Very nice job, my favourite WWII aircraft good luck with your plans mate.

I have had the prototype plan off Pete for his F2b for about 6 weeks, (only been at him for 12 months) so it will be nice to compare build concepts between the 2 plans. I'll not be able to start it for a few weeks because of show comitments. I will be including ailerons in the build tho'. Ali has these amazing 'Mighty Atom' servos, 4.4 gms with 1 Kg torque plus he is stocking nice & light silicon wire including servo cable of different weights!

I like your colour scheme and you certainly kept the weight down, I take it that the Wooden prop was not replaced by other type for the flight mate?

All the best
John
sparkinwheels is offline Find More Posts by sparkinwheels
Old Jun 23, 2004, 08:39 AM
zen pilot
milwaukee WI USA
Joined Jun 2000
159 Posts
The f2b is one my favourites too. though not most effecent props to use .it did fly with it.How does my version compare in size to Mr, Rakes ? . I would like to make my plan avalable for free as a DXF file but my cad programe will not let me convert it for some reason . Any one care to try and convert it to dxf and send it back to me? I need to finish cleaning up the plan first but the service would be greatly appreciated. My next project is going to be the CAPRONI Ca 33. any interest in this 3 engined beast? regards bruce
Last edited by bronco; Jun 23, 2004 at 11:00 AM.