HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2004, 03:10 PM
EGB
Joined Jan 2003
22 Posts
Pixie20P cut-off and throttle range with a Hitec Focus 3 radio.

This may be a stupid question so forgive me for asking. I have a Hitec Focus 3 radio and have been setting it up with my Pixie-20P controller. Using the Pixie-20P default settings with a 300mA/7 cell battery pack in a GWS tigermoth I only get the throttle lever to about 1/2 way before the motor cuts out. This being my first electric plane makes it difficult for me to say if the motor has reached its peak output, but I am assuming so. I have not flown this plane as of yet (working on the final setup). My questions are 1st is this typical for throttle travel on the Hitec transmitter when running electric planes? And if not does the motor shutoff indicate that I am reaching cutoff voltage? I am concerned that I will be inadvertantly shutting the plane down during flight if I should move the throttle lever past the mid-way mark.

Thanks,

EGB
EGB is offline Find More Posts by EGB
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2004, 05:09 PM
Rochester, MN
Joined Jul 2003
562 Posts
It sounds like you are drawing enough current to pull the battery below the cutoff. On my Pixie-20P the cutoff voltages were not correct. Due to part tolerances, setting the cutoff at 6V actually caused it to cut off at 7.2V. I just programmed it to cutoff at 5V and now it cuts off nicely at 6V.

See this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167419

Mike
mike50 is offline Find More Posts by mike50
Last edited by mike50; Apr 23, 2004 at 05:13 PM.