HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2001, 01:49 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
pay pal system,What do you think of it??

Hi everybody ,just like to hear what people have to say about it.(pro's and con's)thanxs stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2001, 01:53 PM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
It's the best solution for dealing with small vendors who are not set up to take credit cards. I've used it several times and it has worked flawlessly. I like it a lot.
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Old Sep 07, 2001, 02:27 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
I've literally spent thousands through paypal, never had any problems. I have the paypal debit card and use paypal instead of a hometown bank.

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Sep 07, 2001, 02:34 PM
Vestal, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2001
76 Posts
PayPal works great for me! I use it for small vendors, for buying & selling on eBay, and for transactions with individuals. I've used it for both sending payments, and for receiving payments. Ultra convenient, and as secure as any online transaction.

There is a fee for using PayPal, you need to be aware of that... it works out to a small percentage of the dollar amounts flowing through PayPal... reasonable though. Hope this all helps!

Rick

Rick

[This message has been edited by Tazilon (edited 09-07-2001).]
Tazilon is offline Find More Posts by Tazilon
Old Sep 07, 2001, 03:39 PM
St. Paul, MN
Joined Feb 2001
337 Posts
I too have had only good luck with PayPal.
towlebooth is offline Find More Posts by towlebooth
Old Sep 07, 2001, 03:53 PM
Here's My 2
Kingsland Arkansas, USA
Joined Feb 2001
150 Posts
If I want to sell something and have setup a paypal account then someone sends the money, via paypal, and then I buy something via paypal, is this buying and selling without actual fisical money being use?

Am I right?

If so then it sure is the way to go.
Hitec-Redneck is offline Find More Posts by Hitec-Redneck
Old Sep 07, 2001, 04:03 PM
R/C Enthusiast
Craley, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2001
1,090 Posts
I've used it for selling stuff on ebay for over a year. I never had a problem sending or receiving payment.
sgil2001 is offline Find More Posts by sgil2001
Old Sep 07, 2001, 04:13 PM
Middleton, WI. USA
Joined Apr 2001
34 Posts
I have been using PayPals now for about 5 months to sell my design the Flitter-B & Flitter 400. It sure makes it EZ for a small operation like me!!! I rate it a solid 95. Its got a good beat but it's a little hard to dance to.
Greg Sutter is offline Find More Posts by Greg Sutter
Old Sep 07, 2001, 06:30 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Thanxs everybody!! i never used it.i just wanted to get some thoughts on the system.THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!! stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Sep 07, 2001, 07:00 PM
Strange Plane Central
Poway (near San Diego), CA US
Joined Dec 2000
1,883 Posts
Never had a problem.
The fees are to the seller only.
About the same for a merchant visa.
frankenfoamy is offline Find More Posts by frankenfoamy
Old Sep 07, 2001, 07:00 PM
p471701
n/a Posts
it's very convenient...........gregg
Old Sep 07, 2001, 08:00 PM
Fayetteville, GA
Joined Oct 2000
3,663 Posts
I too had never used paypal until I started selling the Kool Charge Tubes. I was amazed to see how many customers prefered to use the service as opposed to sending a check. I bet 90% of my customers have used it to send payments to me.

Regards,

Jeff
Jeff Meyers is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Meyers
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:25 AM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
it's a good system.....but might get some stiff competition soon. Google checkout has been around for a bit now and I think its getting more and more popular. I don't know for sure, but I've gathered intel that the percentage they take from transactions is less than that of paypal......hmmm....we'll see what happens!
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:39 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
I have used it thousands of times too. However, I have been burned twice and have filed complaints with PayPal. Once, the guy finally wanted to start using his account again and I was refunded my $40 some 8 months after the claim was filed. In the other instance, I was new to eBay. The guy had over 100 transactions and a 100% trader rating. Trouble is (and I didn't realize this until after he took my money and ran) that almost ALL of these transactions were for $0.01. Litterally ONE penny. Not sure how the scam works, but he had sold pennies with no cost for shipping for exactly $0.01. I guess he probably owned the other accounts so he never actually had to ship anything and eBay's cut was $0.00 or $0.01. So it cost him $1 to build up his trader rating.

Anyhow, he burned about a dozen people all at once. Mostly for stuff that cost about $25. So maybe he made $300-$400. I filed a claim, he was found to be at fault but I never say a penny of the $26 I lost. I can't say it's PayPal's fault, but they sure to flash all over the place that you're "protected" using PayPal. This is NOT the case. If the user closes their account, you have NO recourse.

All that being said, I certainly would not have bought this much syuff online without PayPal.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Last edited by HappyKillmore; Jan 28, 2008 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2008, 01:46 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,123 Posts
Hometown bank

but you know that they can have access to any bank account that you might have an open account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McPherson
I've literally spent thousands through paypal, never had any problems. I have the paypal debit card and use paypal instead of a hometown bank.

-Jim
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo