SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2004, 01:16 AM
Pasadena, California, USA
Joined Mar 2002
472 Posts
scale model of engines

I was at the Phoenix airport last week and saw some most amazing scale working models of real engines and model engines on display. Almost missed my flight while spending too much time at the display, which was sponsored by http://www.engine-museum.com/ Some of those were entirely hand made from ingots. Some cut-away models even have the tiniest part slit open showing the innarts and I always thought assembling my foamie was too much work.
dw1122 is offline Find More Posts by dw1122
Old Apr 23, 2004, 01:35 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,075 Posts
If you'd like to see the most unbelievable scale model of a real engine then go to this link. I'll say no more at this stage except to repeat...UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!..

Oops, better add the link
http://www.fine-art-models.com/e/gal...erri/index.htm
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder
Old Apr 23, 2004, 05:43 AM
Joined Apr 2002
1,860 Posts
It sounds right too

This Ferrari was featured on a TV programme for big boys toys, When it starts up it sounds right and you should hear it rev, Fantastic.

Just imagine what a 1/3 scale Mustang, Spitfire or Hurricane would be like with a working 1/3rd scale Merlin!
Robert May is offline Find More Posts by Robert May