HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2004, 04:48 AM
Going Home
Mighty Midwest
Joined Apr 2004
760 Posts
Anyone here familiar with R/C Planes from Radio Shack

The one I'm talking about is the Estes Cox Sky Cruiser De-Duct Fanjet. It looks something similar to a McDonnel Douglas F4C Phantom Jet Fighter! It seems like a very simple plane to fly, but looks very heavy. Has anyone here ever flown one before? If so, How good is it and what advice can you offer?
Starguard is offline Find More Posts by Starguard
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2004, 08:58 AM
RCAPA #14
United States, TX, Wimberley
Joined Mar 2004
1,915 Posts
Starguard,

There are some pics and post toward the end of the "I stole my kids toy" thread in Park Flyers and also in the "frankenstein" thread in the "Electric Jets" forum.... I have 8 of them at home and I have more here a the shop... they are underpowered in stock trim and they weigh around 9 OZ AUW.... I gutted the stock radio and installed some HS50's and a GWS RX and ESC and I just installed a GWS EDF50B fan.... Power is much better with the GWS fan, but i am still working out the "bugs".... There is a guy that has a hopped up motor in his and it is putting out 6oz thrust(stock is 1.8 and the GWS50B is 3.46) It comes with a 7.2 volt 300 Mah pack, but I am thinking about putting 8.4 volts to it and see how it acts... Check out the other threads for mor info!

Myron
Myron is offline Find More Posts by Myron
Old Nov 08, 2008, 01:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2006
658 Posts
The discontinued "Star Scream" was their big winner. See related threads on it.
heli_ebook is offline Find More Posts by heli_ebook