SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 22, 2004, 02:48 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Apr 2004
476 Posts
Help!
Why is my JR XP8103 radio not working?!!!

Today I was flying and my radio started beeping announcing that my battery was getting low. I immediately shut it off (I had already landed). For some reason, and I don't know why I pulled off the back to expose the battery. I pulled it out and in doing so I pulled out the Ground wire from the connector that goes into the radio. The positive was still in the connector and still plugged into the radio. I pulled off the connector from the back of my radio and tried to put the black wire back into the connector.

I got the black wire back into the connector and tried to plug it back in.
I wasn't sure which way it went back in and tried both ways a few times because my radio wouldn't turn on.

I still can't get my radio to turn back on. I tried to charge the battery and no good.

I eventually got frustrated and tried to solder the wires into the connector. that didn't work either.

Lastly I tried to solder the two wires directly to the pins in the radio. Nothing is working. I have tested the battey and it seems to be good. The battery was getting low but it wasn't completely dead and had enough power to turn back on.

Is it possible that I fried something when i crossed the positive and the negative?

Please help
asmokindeal is offline Find More Posts by asmokindeal
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2004, 02:50 AM
Mostly in Norman, OK
Joined May 2002
1,868 Posts
Check the fuse, it's in the case under the RF module. Might have to open the caes (easy, but be careful of some wires here and there) to better access it.
Peter Khor is offline Find More Posts by Peter Khor
Old Apr 22, 2004, 02:52 AM
Santa Barbara
Joined Dec 2001
55 Posts
I had a similar thing happen. Turns out I blew a fuse. It's located underneath the module pack. Replacing it solved my problem. It's worth a try. You don't have to remove the cover if you gently pry it up with a flathead screwdriver.
miataguy is offline Find More Posts by miataguy
Old Apr 22, 2004, 02:52 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Apr 2004
476 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance: What is the RF module?
Old Apr 22, 2004, 02:54 AM
Phoenix, Arizona
Joined Apr 2004
476 Posts
you are my hero-It is burned out, thank you so much, I was totally frieked out.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 02:57 AM
Santa Barbara
Joined Dec 2001
55 Posts
It's the black transmitter box that snaps into the back. It determines what channel you're using.
miataguy is offline Find More Posts by miataguy
Old Apr 22, 2004, 03:01 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
RF module is the 2x3" black box on the back of the radio, it determine PPM/PCM capability and frequency range (72MHz for isntance)
It is into this RF module the transmitter crystal plug into.
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor