HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2004, 08:07 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Mar 2004
83 Posts
Please post your battery intermittent failures here

If you have any experience with confirmed receiver battery pack vibration failures, or have had the misfortune to crash a plane as a result, please state your findings here.

I have had problems with intermittent servo operation, or intermittent loss of control on a small model. After three attempted hand launches and crashes, I replaced the NiCad battery pack with another and the problem went away.

Does anyone know how to prevent or predict this from happening? I've used NiCad's over 5 years old with no problems, and I've had problems with 6 month old batteries, which still charged to over 90% capacity.

Is there an easy fix?

Thanks,
Brad
Brad B. is offline Find More Posts by Brad B.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2004, 03:03 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,500 Posts
Brad,

I'm moving this to the Radios forum.

tim hooper
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:39 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Mar 2004
83 Posts
Wow

I'm surprised no-one else has posted any comments about this.
Brad B. is offline Find More Posts by Brad B.