HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

ReadyMadeRC Lipo Alarm and Voltage Tester

Find out why you need this unit.

Splash

This lipo alarm and battery tester is a must have.

This nine gram unit is only $3.99. It can be used to check the voltage on a lipo. It also shows individual cell voltage and will sound an alarm when you reach your cut-off voltage. I keep one near my charging station and I also use them in the air. I have even used one on the dash of my FPV truck. All I have to do is pan the camera down to check my battery voltage. My main use is as an alarm on my planes and on my multirotors. It is a great added security to have an audible alarm when your battery is low.

ReadyMadeRC Lipo Battery Tester and Alarm - RCGroups.com (3 min 29 sec)

Features:

• Adjust the alarm voltage (2.7v through 3.8v, and OFF)
  • 1 to 8 cell lip operation with +-0.01V accuracy
  • Display the number of cells
  • Shows total voltage of entire pack
  • Shows voltage of each cells
  • Flashes the voltage 3x if one or more cells is too far out of balance
  • Total weight 9g
  • XH Adapter type (*Does not fit Thunder Power or other LiPo's which balance adapter pin spacing is different than XH)

Check it out at ReadyMadeRC.

Discussion

Old Aug 13, 2014, 08:33 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,572 Posts
I got excited about this alarm & bought several from HK that look just like these. They work, but are hard to hear if someone is flying a slimer or gasser. A great idea, just would like for it to be louder.
Hopefully, these are better than the HK ones.

Chuck
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:30 AM
United States, OR, The Dalles
Joined Apr 2011
1,330 Posts
Those look identical to the ones I get off of ebay or amazon.

They are great. You can set the voltage to come down with 20% or so of the pack capacity left, which I think gives you better battery life.

Nicer than just using a timer in that sometimes I use a lot if throttle and sometimes I just put along. Also if the alarm starts going off early in the flight, I know the pack is developing internal resistance and it's time to think about ordering some new batteries.

Also excellent for the lipo packs I use on my glow starter- which doesn't have a LV cutoff.
JeffinTD is offline Find More Posts by JeffinTD
Old Aug 14, 2014, 08:09 AM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,390 Posts
I love these testers! Always have one in my pocket if I can help it when out flying. Here's a video on those from RMRC:
RMRC Battery Voltage Testers (1 min 50 sec)
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Aug 14, 2014, 01:45 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,558 Posts
I own five.. I use them at the field and at the work bench.
Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Aug 14, 2014, 06:47 PM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
2,152 Posts
Yep... I use them onboard my larger planes and to check batteries between flights.
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat