HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

The Bristol Bay R/C Fishing Boat

Check out AquaCraft's new fishing vessel.

Splash

Ready to show or float.

The Bristol Bay has cloth sails, a wood deck, and is an authentic looking fishing vessel. This boat is almost ready to run right out of the box.

All you have to do is install the mast and connect the rigging lines. The ship has authentic scale details and working lights. it comes with a 2-channel radio, 550-size motor and electronic speed control.

Specs:

• Stock Number: AQUB60
  • Hull Length: 33.5 in
  • Beam: 8.8 in
  • Total Height: 29 in
  • Includes: 2-channel radio made by FutabaŽ, direct drive 550-size motor, forward/reverse ESC, operational lighting system, 3-blade metal prop, boat stand
  • Requires: 6-cell NiCd/NiMH battery & (10) "AA" batteries
For more info visit the Aquacraft site.

Discussion

Old Aug 11, 2014, 07:34 PM
Don K
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
I have had one of these for quite some time now. People love It ! I just don't
know why. I guess.. it resents an old style fishing trawler. But it's way out of scale.

The Hull is strong fiberglass and dead straight, very robust. If you extend the sails it will actually sail in a good breeze.

Right out of the box you will have to do some modifications to get it to work properly.

The hull is a displacement hull and the "CG" and the "CB" (center of buoyancy) are way off.

I used 4 pounds of weight to get it stable in the water. The motor and speed control combo is not right for this boat. The power train is way over powered and should have been geared down, its a slow speed sailor. Speed control is just ok. Adding to the problems is the" prop " which is from a- "Go Fast Boat" - not a scale 3 bladed as required.

This makes the boat sail poorly when trying to use full power. Use half throttle and it runs great.... unless the captain wants to go water skiing !

Power 6 Cell Nicd or similar or 2S lipo 2 AA cells for running lights.

Bind and Run version come with a radio that will require additional AA batteries.
I just used my spektrum DX7 and Hobby King Orange Receiver. It works great

Overall not a bad model for an "ARR" Almost ready to run ... needs lots of weight !

Regards
D Keeley
Don Keeley is offline Find More Posts by Don Keeley
Last edited by Don Keeley; Aug 11, 2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:53 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,151 Posts
I agree, the BB isn't exactly "new" but I know a lot of people have spent many fun hours at the lake with their stock and modified versions over the years... (Don is spot on with the suggestion of adding weight, as a minimum modification to this boat)

What is new... is Aquacraft recently released a re-rigged version of this boat and are marketing it as a "trawler".

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2217481
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:30 PM
115 inches of 'hog
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2004
2,700 Posts
sold
ScaleBrad is offline Find More Posts by ScaleBrad
Last edited by ScaleBrad; Sep 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:46 AM
Fenton,MO USA
Joined Aug 2005
1,273 Posts
My buddy loves his.

Blazer
BlazerB52 is offline Find More Posts by BlazerB52
Old Sep 04, 2014, 02:41 PM
Vancouver,BC,Canada
Joined Oct 2007
4 Posts
Bristol Bay Fishing (1 min 46 sec)