HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2008, 09:03 PM
from another mother
Plumas Lake, CA
Joined Nov 2007
454 Posts
I just pulled the engine off mine after 5 months of hard flying. I can do inverted circuits around my field now so I think it is time to move on. I'm thinking of an electric conversion of the plane now that I've stolen the powerplant. It does fly pretty well. I never used the AFS though.
Brother2 is offline Find More Posts by Brother2
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2008, 09:03 AM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Troy, NH
Joined Sep 2006
4,375 Posts
Brother2,

I got your PM. I have not converted it yet due to my work schedule and other things... All of the parts are gathered though. I just have to do it. :-)

Have you found this thread yet? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...xstar+electric - Pretty good info on the electric side.

-Tim
troynh is offline Find More Posts by troynh
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Ghetto Tank
Old Nov 04, 2008, 03:47 PM
I Hate "Earth Wobble"
Hernando, Mississippi
Joined Nov 2008
2 Posts
Thanks to Mr. Heer's excellent and informative review. I have decided to buy one for myself.
I'm one of the old "newbe's" in the mid 80's I built a Sig Cadet, with no instructor available I made a nice hole in the ground with it and totally destroyed the plane and two months of building. Won't do that again.....

Great site..

Regards,
Mike s.
msmud is offline Find More Posts by msmud
Old Nov 05, 2008, 12:23 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
im glad you got a good plane, my flew like crap. i gave it away hobbico would not help me at all they said it was my falt and that i did not know how to fly??
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Old Apr 07, 2009, 10:15 PM
arkansas
Joined Mar 2009
51 Posts
well I bought 1 about a month ago hahaha man the thread is old any body know how much throttle to use on landing or how much runway is needed to land I am going to maiden it with the flaps then take them off possibly for the next run
russmhunt is offline Find More Posts by russmhunt
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:04 PM
dustylover
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
I have the ARF version of the NexSTAR, and have been very satisfied with it. I also did not use the flaps and the other wing equipment. Since I got the ARF, I did not get the one with the AFS. I had an experienced AMA instructor helping me every step of the way, and this fall, I got my wings. I strongly recommend this plane, either the RTF or the ARF.
dustylover is offline Find More Posts by dustylover
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:37 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,610 Posts
It's a double priced Apprentice without a 2.4 gig radio! Pass...
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:51 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,992 Posts
Yeah, back in 2008, they were the bomb. Nowadays, there are more cost effective trainers out there. The Ares Gamma 370 3 channel and Pro version 4 channel come to mind. Cost is one quarter of what the NextStar will run you.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:21 AM
dustylover
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustylover View Post
I have the ARF version of the NexSTAR, and have been very satisfied with it. I also did not use the flaps and the other wing equipment. Since I got the ARF, I did not get the one with the AFS. I had an experienced AMA instructor helping me every step of the way, and this fall, I got my wings. I strongly recommend this plane, either the RTF or the ARF.
That's why I got the ARF, so I could hook my present radio system and motor to it.
dustylover is offline Find More Posts by dustylover