HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2004, 11:11 PM
Joined Apr 2004
5 Posts
A tank is an off-road vehicle!

While interested in all things R/C, my passion is tanks and other military land combat vehicles. I have a Tamiya 1/16 scale full function German King Tiger under construction at this time. It's difficult to argue that full track laying vehicles have no place in an off-road forum. They may not be all that fast, but turned sideways and parked in the middle of the course, they can invoke the law of gross tonnage quite effectively.

Any other track heads here? Do we need to start our own forum?
FullTrax is offline Find More Posts by FullTrax
Last edited by FullTrax; Apr 29, 2004 at 06:30 PM. Reason: To clarify the scope of this thread
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2004, 03:25 PM
Twin SCREWS
STL
Joined Apr 2004
7 Posts
How much would it be to build to talk and outfit them so my brother and i can fight
SeaVillain is offline Find More Posts by SeaVillain
Old Apr 28, 2004, 05:45 PM
Joined Apr 2004
5 Posts
Not cheap, but www.dave4what.com has the best prices in the US, especially on shipping. Also check out www.tamiyausa.com and www.etamiya.com. We must suffer for our art.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 09:07 AM
Joined Apr 2004
3 Posts
Yup, I'm a tanker too! I have a full option Tamiya Pershing w/metal tracks, an Academy Leopard, and a Tamiya Leopard on order. I'm also into everything R.C. ; my current garage/hanger includes;

Tamiya TXT-1
Tamiya TLT-1(killer little truck!)
Tamiya Hummer
LMH Corona heli
JR VoyagerE heli
Hirobo XRB Llama heli
Draganfly IV 4 rotor heli

I agree with you...my trucks will go a lot faster, but even the TXT succumbs to the power of the Pershing! the tank'll pull the TXT backwards at will, TXT wheels spinning like crazy! Seriously, the tanks offer the most realistic "experience) of any R.C. I own, heli's included
Wayne
freddog is offline Find More Posts by freddog
Old Apr 29, 2004, 04:10 PM
Joined Apr 2004
5 Posts
I'm a long time modeler with almost a half-century of experience and have always had a thing for AFVs, tanks especially, but this is my first venture into RC. I gave serious consideration to that Leopard 2 A6, but figured the price will be more reasonable after about a year. I also have a pending membership in armornutsrcarmorhut@yahoogroups.com under Driven2Drive.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 06:05 PM
Professional Crasher
Joined Apr 2004
1,035 Posts
I would like a tank, but don't wanna pay so much for one as of yet. I could have a lot of fun with it just agravating the dog (carefully, of course. Don't be cruel to him!), but would really like to engage in a few battles with some friends.
lectraplayer is offline Find More Posts by lectraplayer
Old Apr 29, 2004, 06:34 PM
Joined Apr 2004
5 Posts
Depending on the dog, what if he attacks back? Pretty expensive chew toy!
Old Apr 30, 2004, 09:24 PM
Professional Crasher
Joined Apr 2004
1,035 Posts
True. That's why I never let him chase it for very long. If I thought he would chew it up, I'd never let him chase it. (still, a tank would be fun. ...imagine the nearby squirrels... AND IT'S SQUIRREL SEASON! )
Old May 07, 2004, 10:45 AM
36 Russky jets
malaysia
Joined Nov 2002
258 Posts
RC tank combat here 1/6th tanks with paintball guns, it's a good site... and dont worry about tracks, they show you how to make em.

http://rctankcombat.com/

this site is in Japanese, it's mainly 1/35th RC conversions, but it's good stuff, and the pics show you evrything-howto make tracks, gearboxes, etc

http://web1.incl.ne.jp/hinoki/
daisycutter is offline Find More Posts by daisycutter
Old May 18, 2004, 10:04 PM
Professional Crasher
Joined Apr 2004
1,035 Posts
...so that last one will need Babelfish before you can understand it.