HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2004, 07:39 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,434 Posts
So, who's going to make a model of this????

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...bat_drone_test
Crash
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:20 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
I suppose 15 mil is cheap???

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:48 PM
I'm big in Japan
Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2004
439 Posts
heed the Simpsons: "most of the actual fighting will be done by small robots. And as you go forward today, your duty is clear, to build and maintain those robots. Thank you."
Ducman69 is offline Find More Posts by Ducman69
Old Apr 20, 2004, 04:20 AM
Michele Somaschini, Spain
Madrid (Spain)
Joined Sep 2001
1,102 Posts
What's next? The nuclear war trigged by the machines? That scares me.

Anyway, cool looking plane. Looks easy to build as an RC model.
RookieOne is offline Find More Posts by RookieOne
Old Apr 20, 2004, 08:39 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Scary stuff.

"Smartbomber has just suffered an unrecoverable application error. This may prove fatal. Take cover and hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete."

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Apr 20, 2004, 01:28 PM
REGISTERED LUNATIC!
Carlisle, Cumbria UK
Joined Jun 2001
390 Posts
Dyo think a flat sheet wing would do?
Should take the Gooseman best part of an hour...
FLY ELECTRIC is offline Find More Posts by FLY ELECTRIC
Old Apr 20, 2004, 05:09 PM
Air Addict
Halifax, N.S. Canada
Joined Oct 2002
831 Posts

Too funny Nige!! I think being cooped up in a signal box is starting to affect your brain some...

Spar
Sparhawk is offline Find More Posts by Sparhawk
Old Apr 20, 2004, 06:39 PM
A Clinger
Butte, MT
Joined Sep 2001
7,075 Posts
Quote:
... hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete ...
Only Windoze. Only Windoze. It would be scary if using that particular OS ... I do wonder what RTOS and system they are using .... Just curious..... Neat plane.....
rclark is offline Find More Posts by rclark
Old Apr 20, 2004, 08:44 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,634 Posts
Dereck, 15 mil is not a bad price for a multi role aircraft, especially one that has potientially lower operating costs since it is unmanned. Right now, in new combat aircraft in the west, the F-16 is the low cost leader in the 25 mil range. Used to be cheaper, but we made more of them per year back then.

"Unmanned" is a bit of a misnomer, as the UCAV is certainly manned, with people in the loop on the ground. Some industry folk use the term "uninhabited", which is closer to reality.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Apr 20, 2004, 09:12 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Thomas
Have noticed that regardless of whatever they are called, long words from a language completely unlike plain English will be used

An interesting thing is demonstrated by the F22 - who now has the capability to develop, build and successfully operate anything that can come remotely near to a US designed, built and manned fighter?

Candidates anyone? Perhaps Iraq has a high agility, multirole Mach 4 fighter stashed with its "weapons of mass distraction"?

What an "uninhabited" aircraft suggests in modern day terms is a fighter with a 20 person crew. With luck, they might not have a Human Resources Director on it ...

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Apr 24, 2004, 02:34 PM
Joined Mar 2004
2,410 Posts
Actually, I made a model remarkably similar but it didn't drop bombs. In about 1982 or so I designed a model and built from composite lost foam and sheeted wings technology a sailplane I called the raven. It had low radar signature characteristics (I am sure) as a consequence of the fuselage design which was flattended and broadened by 6 inches to fair directly into the wings, and with a v tail looked remarkably similar to the F-117 Stealth Fighter which was unveiled 4 or 5 years later. I'll go dig out the pictures of it flying and on the ground at the Eagles Nest in Palmdale and post them if anyone cares to see.

Tom Martin
http://www.lightfastgraphics.com/schweizer_126.html
mmartin55 is offline Find More Posts by mmartin55
Old Apr 24, 2004, 06:45 PM
Striving to Rip the Bring
San Diego, socal, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, the Orion arm, Milky way, Universe
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck
Thomas
Have noticed that regardless of whatever they are called, long words from a language completely unlike plain English will be used

An interesting thing is demonstrated by the F22 - who now has the capability to develop, build and successfully operate anything that can come remotely near to a US designed, built and manned fighter?

Candidates anyone? Perhaps Iraq has a high agility, multirole Mach 4 fighter stashed with its "weapons of mass distraction"?

What an "uninhabited" aircraft suggests in modern day terms is a fighter with a 20 person crew. With luck, they might not have a Human Resources Director on it ...

D
Try the rafale. Awesome. Not a F-22, but relatively close for alot cheaper.

--Alex
raptor22 is offline Find More Posts by raptor22
Old Apr 24, 2004, 07:09 PM
[This space for rent]
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Joined Aug 2003
1,102 Posts
How would it go with that small exhaust outlet?
macr is offline Find More Posts by macr
Old Apr 26, 2004, 02:43 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
X-45

Hi guys,

I got yelled at by someone for posting the X-45 article in the jets section, seems they didn't like the "Star War's" aspect of UCAV. (no one flying)

Has anyone heard of the Sabre Warrior UCAV? This looks like it would be really simple to build and fly.

The X-45 in the article picture looks like a B or C model, the X-45 A had a totally different intake and exhaust sect. (See Below) The original X-45 is in the USAF Museum in Dayton OH.
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Last edited by RCParkflyer; Apr 26, 2004 at 02:48 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 04:55 PM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
I found a foam version of the X-45 online, But was hoping for something more authentic if you guys are interested I will look for the link.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin