HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2004, 09:40 AM
FE Finatic
Delaware
Joined Jan 2004
144 Posts
Question
Cen Aqua Jet GP (Nitro) Who has them?

I am kicking around a lot of boats and prices in my head Gasoline and Nitro.Who has a Cen Aqua Jet GP and how do you like it for a first nitro boat? Maintenance etc.Any video sites? Any answers welcome.Thanks.smaerd58
smaerd58 is offline Find More Posts by smaerd58
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2004, 03:37 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaerd58
I am kicking around a lot of boats and prices in my head Gasoline and Nitro.Who has a Cen Aqua Jet GP and how do you like it for a first nitro boat? Maintenance etc.Any video sites? Any answers welcome.Thanks.smaerd58
I have one comming in the mail this week .You can check them out at CENRACING.COM.You can also see them at OFFSHOREELECTRICS.COM .The boat rated very well when it was put in aRTR shoot out .It placed 2nd in speed behind the MISS BUD .
helodog is offline Find More Posts by helodog
Old Apr 20, 2004, 11:17 AM
FE Finatic
Delaware
Joined Jan 2004
144 Posts
Cen Aqua Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by helodog
I have one comming in the mail this week .You can check them out at CENRACING.COM.You can also see them at OFFSHOREELECTRICS.COM .The boat rated very well when it was put in aRTR shoot out .It placed 2nd in speed behind the MISS BUD .
Great, let me know how you like it.I have seen offshores site and they don't show the nitro in action just the electric.
smaerd58 is offline Find More Posts by smaerd58
Old Apr 20, 2004, 04:40 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaerd58
Great, let me know how you like it.I have seen offshores site and they don't show the nitro in action just the electric.
If you look at the Grey thunder It will show you three versions and you can get a look at the speed of the motor .The AJ may be faster due to a sleeker hull.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 04:06 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,933 Posts
Have you checked eBay? I've seen a lot of them in there.
Here's one that even has a short video in the ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...188291096&rd=1
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Last edited by Ron Olson; Apr 22, 2004 at 04:09 PM.
Old May 10, 2004, 10:05 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
Auqua Jet

My boat is ready for water .I am just waitng for fuel from tower hobbies .It should be here in a few days.I bagged my electronics and added some foam to the hull.I also added larger cooling lines.I hope I get some good weather.
Old May 14, 2004, 09:10 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
Auquajet

I ran three tanks thru her today.The boat only stalled one time and I brought my fishing pole along just in case.The boat ran great .Sat I hope to start leaning it out .I had a little bit of oil residue by the motor and not one drop of water in the hull .This boat is great .My only gripe is I get 5min on a tank of fuel.
Old May 26, 2004, 07:35 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
My auquajet runs great .I added a carbon fibre prop and tuned pipe for more speed .The engine sounds ,and runs great.I have a 1/2 a quart thru it so far.
Old May 26, 2004, 08:27 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,933 Posts
OK, tip time dude now that you've got it. First, I rotated my cooling head 90 degrees, it makes it easier to get to the carb and secondly, I don't like the water line running over the top of the carb throat.
The motor will take high nitro fuel, I've had 50% in mine but I don't recommend it to others. I use the good stuff also, not the Tower Hobbies crap, not enough oil content for me.
I put a Sullivan SS-4 tank in my boat. It just fits in there so I have plenty of run time.
I did an article on my Grey Thunder in www.radiocontrolzone.com a little over a year ago but it was lost in their site upgrade. I'll look to see if the pix that I have show what I did otherwise I can go downstairs and shoot some if you need any.
Old May 27, 2004, 06:18 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
I would LOVE any pics or info on the boat.I am already ahead of you on the rotate the cooling line .I also added 1/8 line to help cool it better .I am running 20% trinity right now .I dont think I want to put 50% in it .I also added the cf prop and a tuned pipe and sponge to pick up any water that gets inside.I have one complaint though ,my pipe ( which is plastic )IS MELTING AT THE HEADER END .I have never had a plastic pipe before now ,and I cannot believe this .I spent 40.00 on this set up and now the plastic is melting !.The temp of the motor never gets over 130 ,and I didnt shorten the coupler ,so i dont know what to do.I would suggest to any one to go with a metal pipe .All of my other pipes for my engines are metal and I have no problems with those.I dont have alot of room to put a longer coupler on this and that will change the performance too.I will Email them and see if this is acommon problem with this pipe.
Old May 27, 2004, 07:50 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,933 Posts
Ok, I'll try to remember to get you some shots.
Yours is the first one that I've heard of melting. Mine is plastic also and plastic really isn't the material to make a tuned pipe out of.
Old May 27, 2004, 08:12 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
I guess it s supposed to be some kind of glass reinforced ,but it looks and feels like plastic.Thanks.
Old Jun 01, 2004, 07:29 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
So far the pipe is holding up ok .I will have to take it apart in a few more runs and check for more melting.I like the sound and performance.
Old Jun 07, 2004, 09:15 PM
Rochester
Joined Jan 2004
358 Posts
I did some port work on my engine sunday and it runs a little stronger now .This boat is great!!.
Old Jul 08, 2004, 12:24 AM
Joined Jun 2004
3 Posts
Hello all I also have a cen aqua jet, I don't think mine is geting 30 mph are you guy's geting 30mph? I liked your idea of rotating the head but when I went to the bigger water lines they kept falling off so I went back to stock. I have the tuned pipe and different props I still have to try them all out.This is my first nitro rc and I'll tell you it was very frustrating at first but the last time I went out I had a blast. I have recently purchased the .18 motor and cooling head but have not installed them yet. Well it will be good to hear from you guy's about your boats aswell.
Aquaboy is offline Find More Posts by Aquaboy