SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by scott page, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 04, 2014, 12:26 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,550 Posts
Question
Inhibiting Taranis Reading switch position @ startup

Today I received the following question:
Hi Scott, been messing with my Taranis and would firstly like to thankyou for your videos on youtube that have been invaluable in helping me get my head round this great radio.
I have just set up some custom functions to play tracks for my high rate switches etc and have everything pretty much how i want it for my latest model however, is there a way to stop it playing the tracks for each switch when you first switch the taranis on, as at the min, when i switch it on it plays my welcome track followed by all the tracks i have set up for each switch "rudder low, aileron low, instructors plane" etc..
Many thanks in advance name redacted
Yes there is. I'm going to answer your question in the blog so I can include screen shots for assistance.
First you need to have OpenTX 2.0 installed. 2.0 has many new features - so many that there will likely be many you won't need - but they'll be useful for somebody else. I'm a HUGE fan of the changes to 2.0 and the upgrade process is well worth the effort. I DO need to get some new videos done that cover some of the differences -but superficially some tab/screen names are different - but the basic function is the same.

Now on the switches playing on startup. Turns out to be an easy thing to remedy. What you want to do is choose "Play once not on startup". So every time that condition is met it will play the sound once - but not if it's during startup that the condition is met.

Look to the images below to see how this looks.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2014, 05:47 AM
United Kingdom, Radcliffe
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Thanks Scott, your a star, now I don't have to listen too every custom function track every time i switch on the Taranis
Sh4wzy is offline Find More Posts by Sh4wzy
Old Aug 05, 2014, 03:31 AM
speedfreek
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
3,208 Posts
Brilliant Scott!

Thanks for the heads up.
alkoo is offline Find More Posts by alkoo
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:12 PM
Joined Dec 2010
5 Posts
Can't Bind A Spektrum 12Ch Receiver

Hi Scott

Heed Help!

I have a SPEKTRUM AR120T0 receiver and the ORANGE RX DSM2 / DSMX Transmitter Module attached to my TARANIS. I successfully BIND other Spektrum receivers but I dont know how to bind this 12 Channel Spektrum. Can you tell me what I need to do?
awwaters is offline Find More Posts by awwaters
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:06 PM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwaters View Post
Hi Scott

Heed Help!

I have a SPEKTRUM AR120T0 receiver and the ORANGE RX DSM2 / DSMX Transmitter Module attached to my TARANIS. I successfully BIND other Spektrum receivers but I dont know how to bind this 12 Channel Spektrum. Can you tell me what I need to do?
I'm sorry. I don't know.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2014, 02:10 AM
Splash down!
United States, FL, New Port Richey
Joined Jul 2006
1,030 Posts
Thanks for this. While I do like some of them announced during power on it is great to be able to disable some of them during power on. I knew I saw something about not after power-on but I couldn't remember where I saw it in 2.0.
xStatiCa is offline Find More Posts by xStatiCa
Old Sep 06, 2014, 10:44 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwaters View Post
Hi Scott

Heed Help!

I read somewhere the module won't do 12 channels, sorry.
nigelsheffield is offline Find More Posts by nigelsheffield