SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:05 PM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,884 Posts
F-100 Super Sabre

Gents the color is on and except for a couple of graphics and stringing the aileron cable the bird is complete. Finish took only about an hour but alas I used to dang much paint. Was trying to come in under seven ounces total up but I missed at 7.3, Testor paint ain't the lighest, should have used an air brush and acrylics. Tain't to bad though. Little Mig is coming along nicely and should be ready for paint new years eve if I can spend most of day tomorrow on it, have about 3.5 on it at this time. Since the instructions for the Hun have been drafted the Migs shouldn't be much trouble, just take a little rewriting and different photos. So far the Hun has cost me about 12 hours to build, paint, and write draft construction details. ed
Ed Couch is offline Find More Posts by Ed Couch
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:09 PM
Joined Aug 2000
1,884 Posts
Here is what things looked like when a I started 12 hours ago. ed
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:19 PM
Now with more COWBELL!
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Mar 2001
804 Posts
Any further/newer info on when these will sell? Or for how much? And from whom?
Waiting, and wearing out the "?" key,

Steve
U2Steve is offline Find More Posts by U2Steve
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:35 PM
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Nov 2001
73 Posts
Hey Ed, is there any thing more to the internal ducting than the EDF support or, is the fuselage shell the only ducting? What is the EDF support made of, plastic?
Great plane, can't wait. I think I could even bear the cold in Chicago to give this one a toss around the park!
ATA Flyer is offline Find More Posts by ATA Flyer
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:37 PM
Joined Aug 2000
1,884 Posts
Steve, I have no further information at this time, hopefully we may know something this week if they are going to market themselves or through a dealer. Either way the kit will not be a 30 dollar kit, double that and you may be close. Personally I hope they go into production themselves, its easier for you to ask questions and get help when needed than some dingdong that has no idea how thing work at a major dealer. Guys I may be talking out of turn but I'd rather see them keep the money than pay a jobber/dealer 40 percent or more of marker to distribute. They also have a beautiful little Bearcat that flat scoots with a GWS-A mounted on it that could also be added to their stable and remember that the F-86 is in flight test now. Its going to happen, but I'm afraid not overnight. I've paid for both Beta kits and offered to write the construction details to help out plus these little birds are just plain fun, twenty five years ago my first Scozzi/Violet/Wolfe fan Scooter was a bear to just get in the air and keep it there but these little critters are simply a hoot. ed
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:45 PM
Joined Aug 2000
1,884 Posts
ATA, there are no extra internal ducting at this time, Jerry did quite a few tests with different ducting and found no major increase in thrust at this time. Ducts add weight and the differences seem to be offset, so keep it simple. The mounts are very thin plastic that has been vaccuum molded to slip over the lips of the fans, I used tape to hold things in position and simply used alphetic resin around the parameter of the formers and slipped the whole assembly through the hatch opening, adjusted position and let dry. Have done same on Mig with no problems. Jerry and Don are reworking the mounting system to even be simpler at this time so I really don't know yet if there will be a change here.
Old Dec 30, 2001, 11:12 AM
jah
BALD MEMBER
North Georgia
Joined Nov 2001
1,851 Posts
AWESOME!!! Really lusting heavily now!!
jah is offline Find More Posts by jah