Old Dec 31, 2004, 07:57 PM
TLAR Black Belt
Athens, LA, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebola
Happy 2005 for everybody, and.... Happy thermals

Does anybody know where to get Sunbird plans?

Cebola
Brazil

PM Skybenchone. He can provide the kit as well.

EJ
ejett is offline Find More Posts by ejett
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:30 PM
Envies his own avatar
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Apr 2008
588 Posts
About a month ago, the ASA had a club contest at the sod farm south of Moriarty. I'd stayed later and kept flying with one other member. Who walks up from nowhere but Dave himself. He'd been flying a small gas free flight on an adjacent field and had lost sight of it. I helped him look for an hour or so. He eventually found it.

He said he's just "too busy" for much flying these days--doing construction work I believe.

You'd all still recognize him.

And he's still as great a guy now as he was way back when.

--Rocky
rockyabq is online now Find More Posts by rockyabq
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:34 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,112 Posts
Wait a minute. Dave's been doing construction work? I guess he's still pretty tough. I recall when I met him at the Nats, he was always in motion, even when it was hot. Running (literally) stuff back and forth to help the organizers of the contest. All day long, it seemed.
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member