HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2004, 09:17 AM
Im flying... don't talk!
Arizona, USA
Joined Mar 2004
2,697 Posts
big motor?

Hi guys.. i was wonder, how big of a motor can you make and what is the set up? I just got my ep concept... and it has the stock K motor... But i couldn't find any brushed esc that can handle 40amp and without break at my lhs... I was thinking to buy Hacker B40... but cost to much motor and esc arround 240... Cost 2x then my ep concept.. I have make some cd-rom motor for my aerohawk... but for ep concept.. it huge?

I was thinking to make a 6 stator stacking? How will this work? How much winding do i have to make, and what kind of wire size and magnet thickness? I don't know much about this, but do i need a bigger diameter stator? or just stack more stator for more torqe? If there is a bigger stator, where to buy... I just bought a 60 amp castle creations esc... will this work good on my ep concept with my future custom motor???
helisfreak is offline Find More Posts by helisfreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2004, 10:28 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
The Netherlands, GE, Nijmegen
Joined Feb 2001
10,794 Posts
Join www.yahoogroups.com/group/lrk-torquemax and search for messages by "herbert kabi" or "torquepoint". He has made many larger diameter motors and he really knows his business. (*(&^%#* Yahoo searches only 200 messages at the time , you have to press 'next' repeatedly. You will not get spam-messages, I took care of that, right from the start of the group

Further, a direct-drive main motor for an Ikarus Piccolo, made from 5.25" disk drive motors:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=197862

http://alexrc.com/voytek_pl.html (German and Polish)

Groeten Ron van Sommeren

Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren