HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by green66, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 11:19 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2001
416 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
SOLD eBay - Taboo XL Discus Launch Glider (DLG)

Moderator - pls close thread, thx.

Taboo XL Discus Launch Glider (DLG) on eBay.
Item is an unstarted kit. Designed & mfr'd by Oleg Golovidov.
Dihedral version, ballast holes, 2- or 4-servo wing (flaperon or separate aileron / flaps), Drela airfoil.
Taboo XL on eBay
green66 is offline Find More Posts by green66
Last edited by green66; Apr 25, 2004 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Adv'd item sold
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2004, 03:16 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2001
416 Posts
bump
Old Apr 24, 2004, 09:16 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2001
416 Posts
Bump
Old Apr 25, 2004, 10:50 PM
We come in peace.
Canada, BC, Penticton
Joined Feb 2003
1,760 Posts
Trader Rating: 87
Unbelievable.
Synth is offline Find More Posts by Synth
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:04 PM
Santa Rosa, CA
Joined Aug 2002
393 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Agree!!!

Some Ebay bidders are crazy!!!
CWallace is offline Find More Posts by CWallace
Old Apr 26, 2004, 02:55 PM
United States, AL, Madison
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Yup, jaw dropping unbelievable !!

The seller even said the retail price. Bidders still went $100 (26%) over that. The only logical reason could be that Oleg has a significant backlog, and the buyer wanted it NOW.

Congrats to you, green66.
nuevo is offline Find More Posts by nuevo
Old Apr 26, 2004, 09:29 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2001
416 Posts
No argument here: I, green66, do hereby confirm that the final bid on eBay was "jaw dropping unbelievable"

Yes, there is some rationale behind the madness - As JonStone alludes, Oleg does have a backlog. . . . to the tune of 5 months. This was pointed out to me by a UK bidder who wanted the Taboo real badly, enuf to convince me to ship overseas if he won. Sadly for him, he missed winning by 5 bucks.

I figured opening the auction at $150, somewhat less than half of purchase price, was a reasonable starting point. . . but my crystal ball didn't even hint that high bid would be more than triple that !! The funny / lucky part of the whole thing? ==> I originally tried to include a "Buy It Now" price of $275, but screwed up something during the listing process so it didn't appear with the ad; a mistake that netted $200 (situation justifies smily overkill).
Old Apr 29, 2004, 03:13 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,185 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Woah....

I ordered a new Taboo from Oleg last February knowing I wanted it for this season. Oleg delivered in time, and I'm building it now. I wonder what last year's Taboo XL would fetch built? It's a season worse for the wear, but still completely air-worthy. I was going to just keep the new bird pristine for contests, and use last years for practice/casual flying, because I figured used it was only worth at most $75-100.

Crazy e-bay....
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Old Apr 29, 2004, 04:12 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Allen,

I'd give you $75 for the used one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Wright
Woah....

I ordered a new Taboo from Oleg last February knowing I wanted it for this season. Oleg delivered in time, and I'm building it now. I wonder what last year's Taboo XL would fetch built? It's a season worse for the wear, but still completely air-worthy. I was going to just keep the new bird pristine for contests, and use last years for practice/casual flying, because I figured used it was only worth at most $75-100.

Crazy e-bay....
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Apr 29, 2004, 04:17 PM
Georgia
Joined Oct 2003
45 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Like Rosanna Rosanna Danna once said on Saturday Night Live........" you just never know".

I ordered a Taboo from Oleg in October and received the new, improved XT last month. It is flying and I love it. Since DLG's spend a fair amount of time close to the hard surface of the Earth, I decided to order another.......Oleg said that would be about August.

Seems to me "green66" has just confirmed one of the well known laws of supply and demand.......he had one (even though it was the previous XP design) and someone wanted it more that he did.......nice to know Economics class was not a waste

and JoeR........ I can't imagine what a $75 Taboo would look like.........pretty used up I would guess
GNuse is offline Find More Posts by GNuse
Old Apr 30, 2004, 07:36 AM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,185 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Mine is only partially 'used up' and the reason I didn't list it for sale is it's worth well over $75-100 to me to keep it! Flying my 'beater' Taboo will keep my XT in pristine shape longer.

Oleg is one absolutely masterful artist with the composits. I don't know how he gets the wings to come out so perfect.
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Closed Thread