HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2004, 07:39 PM
farmington, mn
Joined Sep 2003
871 Posts
i stripped the bolt in my gws retacts...now what?

ok i was just puting the finished touches on my formosa and i noticed that the little set screw in my blue gws retacts that hold on to the gear wire is stripped. i put these retacts in the wing with a HUGE amount of epoxy so they wouldn't come out on a hard landing so now i'm at a loss to figure out how to re-thread plastic. anyone have any ideas on that to do
thanks jeff
jeff262 is offline Find More Posts by jeff262
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2004, 07:42 PM
Nickel what?
Prescott, Arizona, United States
Joined Jan 2003
2,365 Posts
get a tap that is similar or same size (a new set screw if you can't find a tap that is the same), and put the set screw on another side of the gear holder?
Phreakish is offline Find More Posts by Phreakish
Old Apr 15, 2004, 07:49 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2002
302 Posts
What a shame, this is just an idea that might work, at least it is worth a try. Pick up at your local car parts store, A Permatex "FORM-A-THREAD" set and not only fill in the threads but also inject some in the hole and reinstall the wire and the set screws. I am not positive but I see no reason for this not to work as I have used it to build new threads (on much larger parts) and if you follow the directions it will really be strong. Again I have not had to use it in this application but if I had to I would not hesitate to try it myself. Sure hope you can work this out and when you do how about posting a picture of the setup! GUD FLYING.......Dick
Dick is offline Find More Posts by Dick