HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2001, 06:34 PM
Lawrence,KS USA
Joined Jul 2001
13 Posts
DIN plug for a Futaba Tx

I know this topic is a repeat but I can't find the previous one.
Where can you find a DIN plug for the buddy box jack for a Futaba T6XA Tx? I'm thinking about building an Tx to Pc interface using the FMS circuit. The DIN plugs that Radio Shack have will not fit. HELP PLEASE !!
RichD is offline Find More Posts by RichD
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2001, 07:23 PM
Joined Sep 2001
106 Posts
I am looking to do the same thing... if you find anything, let me know. Ill do the same if i find something. good luck!
LYHTSPD is offline Find More Posts by LYHTSPD
Old Sep 05, 2001, 07:25 PM
Aloha, Oregon in the Good 'ol USofA
Joined Mar 2000
147 Posts
I went to my LHS (Tammies Hobbies) and purchased a trainer cord. It was only ~$7.00 and you get two connectors and cable when you cut it in half! I made one FMS adapter and gave one connector to a friend to build his own. R/L
rlinscheid is offline Find More Posts by rlinscheid
Old Sep 06, 2001, 05:07 AM
T-52 over Seattle
Seattle
Joined Jun 2001
267 Posts
The plug you need is a full size 6-pin DIN plug. One source of the plug is Radio Shack, but...

Radio Shack discontinued the plug about two years ago, but you can still find a few stores that have some on the shelf. The part number is 274-020

I have found 5 of them here in Seattle. Some of them were so old they still had the "Archer" brand name on them. The good thing is that because they have been discontinued, the price on them is $0.07! Yes, that is 7 cents!

I went into the local Radio Shack and they did a stock lookup on them. I had to drive to three stores to get them, but I ended up with 5 connectors for a total of 35 cents! (and probably $2 in gas)

Hope this helps.

Silver
Silver is offline Find More Posts by Silver
Old Sep 06, 2001, 10:48 AM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
Novi, Michigan, United States
Joined Jan 2001
2,515 Posts
If you don't find them at Rasdio Shack, try a local electronics supply house. You can order them from Digi-Key < http://rocky.digikey.com/scripts/Pro...=275&M=YE-1156 >.

- Roger
gnofliwr is offline Find More Posts by gnofliwr
Old Sep 06, 2001, 05:59 PM
Lawrence,KS USA
Joined Jul 2001
13 Posts
Thanks to E Zone and you guys that responded to my plea for help. I Was anazed at the response. The problem is solved thanks again. E Zone Keep up the good work!!
RichD is offline Find More Posts by RichD
Old Sep 06, 2001, 08:00 PM
Arlington,VA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,862 Posts
Make one!
Here's how I did it:

1)I got 5-6 tacs (the nail type, not the big flat-head ones) of about one inch long.

2) Make sure the pointed end fits snuggly, but not to tight into one of the TX socket holes.

3)Cut 1/4" or so of the head end off them.

4)Round the pointed end a little bit.

5)Now make the metal cylinder that fits into the round slot encasing the pins of the plug. I used a piece of Aluminium flashing (a can will work) to make a small cylinder that is about 5/8" tall.

6) Slide the cylinder into the TX port in the round slot.

7) Cut a peice of paper the exact diameter of the cylinder. Slide it inside to the bottom of the cylinder against the TX port.

8) Insert the pins into the TX socket, peircing the paper.

9)Make sure the pin holes and cylinder walls are snug.

10)Mix a batch of fast-set Epoxy. Pour the Epoxy into the cylinder, filling it to about 1/4 inch or so, being sure to leave the top of the pins exposed.

9)Let the Epoxy set.

10) Pull the new plug and clean it up.

Done.
pullin-gs is offline Find More Posts by pullin-gs
Old Sep 06, 2001, 10:00 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,303 Posts
Pullin-gs, That's good imagineering! I like it!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG