SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2004, 09:18 AM
You will be assimilated!
Caslte Rock, Colorado
Joined Apr 2004
214 Posts
Question
Got plane with huge wingspan (43"), good or bad?

Cool, my first post!

Anyway, I just bought an airplane off ebay after doing a little research, actually, 2 days of research, and nothing addressed a good wingspan for newbies such as myself. Here is the ebay item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWN%3AIT&rd=1
I also wasn't about to spend $300. Actually, I would've if I had the monay, but I don't have the monay.

I think I made a good choice... Please help!

Thanks
meowmix is offline Find More Posts by meowmix
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:05 AM
Frequent Flyer
Kalamazoo, MI USA
Joined Aug 2003
2,892 Posts
That looks like it is worth the money, although the on/off throttle makes it harder to control compared to a variable speed throttle.
Be sure to do your learning in little to no wind. That makes a huge difference in ease of control. Also, if there is any wind, launch and fly from the downwind side so your plane stays upwind of you. It is easy to let it get too far away downwind.
The larger wingspan is a good thing, you will be able to better see its orientation when it is farther away.

Good luck,
Brian
wattsup_kz is offline Find More Posts by wattsup_kz
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:07 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,061 Posts
Hi meowmix,

The 70$ shipped for this RTR plane is a good price.

I have a similar one, and it is very easy to fly and very strong.

The main problem are how much strong are the wings ... if you carsh nose down is not a problem ... but it you hit a wing .. you can easily damage.

As well under high power the wings can brake ....

With some scotch glue & wood (the one used for clean teath) you can almost always fix it.

In ebay it state it is acrobatic ... this is FALSE ... it is not acrobatic at all ... and if you try you could demage it even without making a crash !

Good luck !
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Apr 15, 2004, 10:40 AM
You will be assimilated!
Caslte Rock, Colorado
Joined Apr 2004
214 Posts
Considering I haven't even flown it yet, I don't think I am going to do much aerobatic stuff.

edit: What does RTR stand for?
Last edited by meowmix; Apr 15, 2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 12:17 PM
Barsoom
Joined Jan 2004
288 Posts
"rtr" stands for "ready to run". i think thats more of a car term. sometimes you hear "rtf" for "ready to fly", or "arf" for "almost ready to fly", as opposed to a "kit" where the whole structure is in pieces like a puzzle. or you can buy plans which are just like blueprints for the whole plane. outlines for the airfoil ribs, the tail and fuselage design, etc. and you build it from scratch with your own materials. i think you can buy like a half a kit too, maybe they call this a "short kit"? which is plans and maybe some other hardware and special pieces for that particular plane, but i've never bought one of those.
robbie is offline Find More Posts by robbie
Old Apr 15, 2004, 02:26 PM
You will be assimilated!
Caslte Rock, Colorado
Joined Apr 2004
214 Posts
Well, can anybody figure out that planes brand? I wan't to go to the company website and get the official specs.

Tabor
Old Apr 15, 2004, 04:18 PM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
http://chinakaixin.com/en/enproduct.htm But I doubt you'll find specs there. FWIW, you can buy some spare parts for those things via Yahoo stores.
rutat is offline Find More Posts by rutat
Old Apr 15, 2004, 04:35 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,072 Posts
Saw some different versions here http://www.raidentech.com/noname2.html
See all the 3-Channel airplanes in Stock!!!
V-tail and proportional speed control are available for just a few more dollars.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Apr 15, 2004, 08:08 PM
You will be assimilated!
Caslte Rock, Colorado
Joined Apr 2004
214 Posts
Is v-tail any better?

Edit: I found a thread that answered that question, but when it says on/off, will I be able to get a better radio to get proportional throttle?
Last edited by meowmix; Apr 15, 2004 at 09:45 PM.