HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2004, 03:03 PM
Marion
USA, NC, Hillsborough
Joined Oct 2003
1,027 Posts
Cool
Flaparon with 4 channel receiver

For those who have asked....Not that I wanted to know :-) :-) :-)

I have a Futaba 6XA transmitter, and did this with a GWS 4 channel receiver. The idea was to get some of the 6th channel functions from a 4 channel receiver, using 2 servos. Here is what I did.
1. Turn FLPR ON and set at 100%
2. Turn FLTR ON and set at 100%
3. Turn ON prog1 and set channel 1 as Master and Channel 4 as Slave
4. Turn ON prog2 and set channel 6 as Master and Channel 4 as Slave
You may have to REV servo on channel 4 for proper rotation.

Now the servo plugged into channel 4 acts like channel 6 for some things -- but not all. That servo will act like a channel 6 servo for ailerons and for Flap Trim (the knob on the transmitter). The channel 4 servo will operate in opposite directions for the aileron function, but in the same direction for Flap Trim.

There may be other combinations that work -- the above worked for me.

I was NOT able to get the Airbrake function to work correctly. Anybody know how to do that??

Marion
Marion is offline Find More Posts by Marion
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2004, 10:34 PM
Fun Manager
Villa Grove, Illinois
Joined May 2000
1,695 Posts
Marion, Unfortunately, you can't. You dont have "link" in those mixes in the 6X to get it to follow for things like airbrake.

The new 7C has support for 5-ch receivers for twin aileron servos, and 3-ch support for vtails and elevons.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Fun Manager
RCGroups.com
AMCross is offline Find More Posts by AMCross