|Sep 06, 2001, 09:05 PM|
Joined Jan 2001
Make your own DIN plug for Futaba TX!
I put this in another thread, and got to thinking maybe it deserved its own....
Here's how I did it:
1)I got 5-6 tacs (the nail type, not the big flat-head ones) of about one inch long.
2) Make sure the pointed end fits snuggly, but not to tight into one of the TX socket holes.
3)Cut 1/4" or so of the head end off them.
4)Round the pointed end a little bit.
5)Now make the metal cylinder that fits into the round slot encasing the pins of the plug. I used a piece of Aluminium flashing (a can will work) to make a small cylinder that is about 5/8" tall.
6) Slide the cylinder into the TX port in the round slot.
7) Cut a peice of paper the exact diameter of the cylinder. Slide it inside to the bottom of the cylinder against the TX port.
8) Insert the pins into the TX socket, peircing the paper.
9)Make sure the pin holes and cylinder walls are snug.
10)Mix a batch of fast-set Epoxy. Pour the Epoxy into the cylinder, filling it to about 1/4 inch or so, being sure to leave the top of the pins exposed.
9)Let the Epoxy set.
10) Pull the new plug and clean it up. The paper seals the epoxy in (it is rather thick) not allowing it to leak into the TX port. Be sure to roughen up the inside of the aluminum and nails....
The finished product is quite strong and will withstand the heat of solder. I made these in my own shop for several FMS cables. My next project will be a trainer cord.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Make your Own PCBs for your R/C stuff||jf_moreira||DIY Electronics||35||Dec 21, 2012 08:25 AM|
|Question||How to make your own 3D models for AFP(D)?||Dennis.f||Simulators||2||Mar 15, 2006 03:19 PM|
|Need part for Futaba Tx - Trainer plug.||skid2964||Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W)||0||Dec 30, 2004 03:47 PM|
|DIN plug for a Futaba Tx||RichD||Electric Plane Talk||7||Sep 06, 2001 11:00 PM|
|Article||Make Your Own Simple Rx/Tx Battery Charger with Peak Detect||Carl Blaurock||Batteries and Chargers||0||May 01, 1996 01:00 AM|