HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2004, 07:00 PM
Ontario,Canada
Joined Mar 2004
58 Posts
Help!
aerohawk keeps turning in circles...Help!

I've tried everything i can think of and still can't get it under control.I'm on the fourth battery now and played with the gain and gyro pots and still no luck.The tail seems to be too powerful for the heli and even if i turn down the gain,it still spins and have to move the stick to the far right in order to stop the heli from turning.Its all stock setup and getting confusing.Can someone please help?
keller is offline Find More Posts by keller
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2004, 08:53 AM
Troms, Norway
Joined Jan 2004
7,098 Posts
If you have to hold the stickk all the way to the right then the tail is to weak to counter the torque from the main rotor. Perhaps your tailmotor is dying. My first tailmotor dies after just eight flights, but the next motor died after over twenty flights because I started treating it better. I spooled up slowly at first instead of punishing the motor by surprise-starting it. My friend's first tailmotor died after just four flights. I taught him how to be gentle with the tail and the second motor has lasted over twenty flights as well.
Lynxman is offline Find More Posts by Lynxman
Old Apr 14, 2004, 06:12 PM
Ontario,Canada
Joined Mar 2004
58 Posts
Its a new heli and it did this right out of the box.
keller is offline Find More Posts by keller