HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2004, 04:45 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1 Posts
Rave
Home build whith chainsaw...

Hi there I'm looking for blueprints of home build rc offroad cars whith a chainsaw for engine.

I live in denmark, and theres rules for security on chainsaws, and i have an old saw I cant use.

It would be nice if there's som one that can help..

hamder is offline Find More Posts by hamder
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2004, 08:52 PM
Doh! stupid power lines
kentuckiana 47111
Joined Apr 2004
243 Posts
Rules for security???? like your cutting some firewood and a cop asks for your chainsaw liscense?
SMAAAAK! is offline Find More Posts by SMAAAAK!
Old May 02, 2004, 09:26 PM
Gardnerville Nevada
Joined May 2004
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamder
Hi there I'm looking for blueprints of home build rc offroad cars whith a chainsaw for engine.

I live in denmark, and theres rules for security on chainsaws, and i have an old saw I cant use.

It would be nice if there's som one that can help..

Hamder,
I also have an older Homelite Gasoline engine, Mine was in a Pressure washer, I am looking for the same thing as you, If you happen to find something let me Know, & I will in turn do the same for you. I am going to fabricate the chassis. But we will need a rear differential, Tires, Wheels, Front axles, and the rest is whatever comes up as we get the project underway.
I know they're out there, we just need to find Where????

Ron
BGBYTOY is offline Find More Posts by BGBYTOY
Old May 13, 2004, 03:39 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
I had a 31cc Ryobi weed wacker around here somewhere... I'll pick up a chain saw to do a project like this. Why not do something even like a solid rear axel, the way most inexpensive gocarts work.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Jun 08, 2004, 01:53 PM
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
141 Posts
If anyone finds a website for building an rc car with a chainsaw engine, please post it on here because my friend is looking for some blueprints on building one. Thanks
miller_87 is offline Find More Posts by miller_87
Old Jun 08, 2004, 02:52 PM
Iron Mountain,MI
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_87
If anyone finds a website for building an rc car with a chainsaw engine, please post it on here because my friend is looking for some blueprints on building one. Thanks
http://www.ruscovehicleupgrades.com/RCTruckProject.html
uncled is offline Find More Posts by uncled
Old Nov 16, 2004, 09:30 PM
Joined May 2004
18 Posts
So did anyone ever end up finding plans? I would like to try this too. Me and my friend want to try and make a or large scale 2004 Lamborghini thats a little over 5 and a half feet long, all custom built frame and body all hand done. I know a guy who used to have a car dealiership and is very experienced in doin car body repair and building so we wanted to try it. Maybe put a small NOS kit on it and get it up and beyond 100mph . I also wondered if anyone had any plans for building an entire Radio circuit to control all aspects of a RC car that i was gonna build into an old playstation steering wheel and gas/brake pedals and put a camera into the car so I can "go for a drive" .
Thanks all!
Zupo is offline Find More Posts by Zupo
Old Nov 17, 2004, 05:53 AM
Vtol Builder
High Wycombe, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
997 Posts
why not design your own..

make a tubular frame chassis, full independant suspention using double wishbone arrangement,

you can find stuff like this for full size cars on the net, so just scale it down!
Lewist is offline Find More Posts by Lewist
Old Nov 17, 2004, 06:09 AM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Zupo, hit eBay.... Find a old Traxxas TQ3 radio and hack it up to connect it to that steeringwheel. You should be able to find one for under $20. Your biggest challenege will be mixing the gas peddle to the brake peddle. Also, since it is a 3 channel radio, maybe you can use the 3rd channel as a Hand break type of deal and hook up a small hydrolic break system actuated by a 165oz servo (or maybe something a tad stronger).
Old Nov 17, 2004, 07:50 PM
Joined May 2004
18 Posts
Lewist,
That was what I was originally planning to do, customize the whole thing. I just thought it may be easier if I had some plans to look at for some ideas Thanks for the help!

TeamTEOR,

Thanks for the help, thats a good idea and I probably will end up doin something like that, That sounds much easier!

Any more comments are more than welcome
Old Nov 18, 2004, 07:15 PM
Joined May 2004
18 Posts
I was also wondering, I have a remote control system from a RC truck that I have. I think it's a Futuba Attack II controller, Would that work also for a control?
Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:41 PM
Crash Hard!!!
Moultrie, Ga
Joined Jul 2004
315 Posts
A friend of mine scaled down the frame of a go kart. maybe look at blueprints for go karts to get some ideas. just a thought.
endeavor_635650 is offline Find More Posts by endeavor_635650
Old Feb 10, 2005, 02:26 PM
uk
Joined Oct 2004
980 Posts
I've got a full scale rc lawnmowerr. I had to addapt the servos upgraded with a 12 7A battrey .
coaxial-gyro is offline Find More Posts by coaxial-gyro
Last edited by coaxial-gyro; Feb 12, 2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 02:53 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
lol
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:20 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1 Posts
cheap rearend

for a good cheap rear end go to ebay and look at the 106-3956 TRANSMISSION ASM Toro Lawnboy Item number: 370188585490
cooperlr is offline Find More Posts by cooperlr