HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2001, 07:16 PM
USA, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2001
238 Posts
Hobby Lobby & Tower Print Catalogs Online

Google has a new catalog search site in beta that is well worth a look. They have electronically copied the print catalogs of many, many companies, including two of interest to e-flyers - Hobby-Lobby, and Tower Hobbies. Check it out at: http://catalog.google.com/

Here's a link to Hobby-Lobby's latest catalog #38: http://catalog.google.com/catalogs?n...&catpage=cover

Enjoy!
MaxFx is offline Find More Posts by MaxFx
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2001, 07:32 PM
tyler, texas, united states
Joined Mar 2001
639 Posts
last time i checked tower's catolog is over 300 pages long....could take a while
barn buster 50 is offline Find More Posts by barn buster 50
Old Dec 28, 2001, 07:49 PM
USA, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2001
238 Posts
To clarify...

You don't have to download the entire catalog. As a matter of fact, I don't think it is possible to do without downloading every page individually. The options are to view by single page, two pages, or thumbnails of 4 pages, so you download only those pages that you are interested in viewing. The Google interface looks similar to Adobe Acrobat, but it is different.

Since printed catalogs almost always contain more information than online versions, it can be useful to have access to printed editions.

I agree with you, Barn Buster 50 - I'd rather be flying too!
Old Dec 28, 2001, 08:57 PM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
It would be cheaper to get the FREE catalogs rather than spend $40 for an ink cartridge!
Just my $.02 !
Frank
fgroza is offline Find More Posts by fgroza
Old Dec 29, 2001, 01:28 AM
USA, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2001
238 Posts
Let's try to be positive about this...

I never suggested that people should download the entire catalog, nor did I suggest downloading AND printing it.

It is frustrating to share something useful only to have it taken to absurd lengths to make it sound stupid.

If you aren't interested in having an online version of the latest print catalog, then look at another discussion thread.

If you are interested, then visit the site and check it out. You may or may not find it useful. If you find it useful, then great! If not, then only a little of your time has been wasted checking out something potentially useful.

Here are a few reasons I think having an online version of a print catalog would be good: (see if you can add more...)
1. Always the latest copy. This means no longer seeing in advertisements that there is a new catalog available and having to wait on the postal service to deliver it. Or, if you are an infrequent customer having to request the catalog.
2. Always available. As long as you make sure you bookmark the site, you'll never again find yourself wondering where that darned catalog is.
3. As I noted before, the printed catalogs usually have more complete information (photos, descriptions, etc.) than the online versions of the catalogs do. Sometimes it's nice to have those extra bits of info.
4. Why make a company print and mail you a copy of their catalog if they could create it and others (Google) would make it available to you online for free? The cost of printing and distributing "free" catalogs must cost Hobby Lobby and Tower a pretty penny. Guess who pays for those catalogs... we the consumers do! It is not "free".
5. If you care about the environment and are concerned about the wanton waste of forests, this is a perfect way to save a lot of trees.
Last edited by MaxFx; Dec 29, 2001 at 01:59 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2001, 04:17 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Thanks for the link! I viewed it using the thumbnail option and got about 30 pages at a time then clicked on the page I wanted to see. Very easy to use and fast interface.
THANKS!!
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Dec 29, 2001, 06:33 AM
Joined Dec 2000
64 Posts
Re: Hobby Lobby & Tower Print Catalogs Online

Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFx
Google has a new catalog search site in beta that is well worth a look. They have electronically copied the print catalogs of many, many companies, including two of interest to e-flyers - Hobby-Lobby, and Tower Hobbies. Check it out at: http://catalog.google.com/
Enjoy!
Hi Max,
They only copied a Tower Talk sales sheet but actually copied Hobby Lobby's entire current catalog. (Google DOES have good taste I think :-)
Try this URL to start:
http://catalog.google.com/catalogs?c...Toys+%26+Games

Jim Martin
Jim M is offline Find More Posts by Jim M
Old Dec 29, 2001, 07:40 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,624 Posts
MaxFx,

Very nice find! I hope they keep it updated as new HL catalogs come out.

Tony Turley
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Dec 29, 2001, 08:07 AM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
That's a nifty and handy link.
I personally toss most catalogs the moment they show up in the mail, so having this directory as a backup for those cases where my mail purging gets a bit overzealous is quite nice.

My only problem with it is that that they include that creepy "My Twin" catalog.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:03 AM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,759 Posts
MaxFx:
Great link - thx!
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:19 AM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE GOOGLE

I don't know if you guys have tried this but if you type in a query such as "speed 500" It SEARCHES the print catalog and takes you to everypage that has "speed 500" including motors, esc's and planes.

MUCH BEtter than the web site!!!!

Max thanks for the link!!!!

Jay
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Dec 29, 2001, 10:36 AM
Titanium Has My Back!!
Birmingham,Al
Joined Dec 2001
1,815 Posts
THIS IS SOOO COOOL

This is probably the best link that I have seen on E-Zone. Even though some other fellow ezoners may not have the sense to appreciate this link,the more knowledgeable among them will .Thanks again for this link
9LIVES1968 is offline Find More Posts by 9LIVES1968
Old Dec 29, 2001, 11:01 AM
Joined Nov 2001
43 Posts
Great link

I'm amazed that they can search the text of the scanned-in graphics files.

Thanks!
insol is offline Find More Posts by insol
Old Dec 29, 2001, 12:34 PM
I like cheese...
Bloomington, IN
Joined Sep 2001
846 Posts
Online Catalog

MaxFx:
Now that is something I would have never known about unless it wasn't for your post!
Very nice indeed. I accidentally left my catalog at work, but needed to look up something. I just followed the link in your post, and found it.
Great job, and thanks!
Whizwaz is offline Find More Posts by Whizwaz
Old Dec 29, 2001, 01:24 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
MaxFx,

Great find. Now I have 3 google services in my toolbar favorites, they're a great service to us.

I had to delete one of my old, rarely used favorites to have room for it all.

RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47