HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2001, 06:01 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
Need some CAD help

I found a dxf file of a speed 400 bronco plan on the net, and want to blow it up to about a 42 inch wingspan with about 335 sq inches of wing area. Anyone out there capable of helping me out? I know nothing about cad and have no cad programs, so any help is appreciated.

Greg
Slope Nut is offline Find More Posts by Slope Nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2001, 06:39 PM
Baton Rouge, LA
Joined Oct 2001
99 Posts
dxf file

I have AutoCad and I would be happy to resize the dxf file for you (if it is a true AutoCad dxf file). Some plan dxf files I have downloaded were made on CAD programs that did not convert in AutoCad. Assuming yours is compatible, you can email it to me @ tmelvin@home.com. I will then scale it up to a 42" wing span and send you back both a .dxf file and a .dwg (AutoCad drawing) file. If the wing area is more important than the wing span, I can resize it for the new wing area and let the wing span fall where it may. I believe Kinko's, among other copy and print places, can then plot the .dwg file for you.

Tom Melvin
Tom Melvin is offline Find More Posts by Tom Melvin
Old Dec 27, 2001, 07:08 PM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,345 Posts
Re: Need some CAD help

Quote:
Originally posted by Slope Nut
I found a dxf file of a speed 400 bronco plan on the net, and want to blow it up to about a 42 inch wingspan with about 335 sq inches of wing area. Anyone out there capable of helping me out? I know nothing about cad and have no cad programs, so any help is appreciated.

Greg
FANMAN here, If I can help, let me know....

rcplan@bellsouth.net
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Dec 27, 2001, 10:28 PM
Ogden, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2000
190 Posts
Slope.
I wonder if that is the same plans I found. Are all the diminsions in MM, all the entries in the tittle block XXX? I need to get busy building one of Mark M's Reno Mustangs, but I've been thinking of scaling those Bronco plans up to around 600 sq/in wing area. Power would be either geared Endos or Turbo 10+ motors. Of course I've also thought of scaling up the Sport Twin or the Astro P-68 Victor. So many ideas so little time.
SteveB is offline Find More Posts by SteveB
Old Dec 27, 2001, 10:36 PM
Senior Member unum multum
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Dec 2001
355 Posts
RE: CAD Help

I can do it, if you still need it done. You can email it to me with a note of what you want.
mshipman@avsia.com
mudfarmer_mike is offline Find More Posts by mudfarmer_mike
Old Dec 28, 2001, 01:38 AM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
Thanks everyone, Tom offered his help and he was prompt and accurate! I am on the road to building a Bronco.

They are the plans you found, BTW, with the measurements in MM, and the title blocks all xxxxxx. Not sure where they came from, but they look pretty complete and accurate. Ken at K&A models has canopies for sp400 versions in the 42 inch span size. Thats where I am getting mine, no sense in reinventing the wheel

Thanks again Tom!

Greg
Old Jan 04, 2002, 10:33 PM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2001
736 Posts
hi Slopenut...could you please tell me where i can get a copy of this free plan for the Bronco?
thanks
Muah is offline Find More Posts by Muah
Old Jan 05, 2002, 02:32 AM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
I will email it to you in the next day or so. This weekend definately.

Greg