HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jjmelo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:33 AM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Aug 2012
406 Posts
Cool
Swift Hex 300mm 3D Printed Hex Frame

Introducing the Swift Hex, a mini sized hexacopter that I designed and 3D printed, specifically for FPV. Its design was inspired by the Blackout Spider Hex, but seeing as it is currently unavailable, I decided to designed and make my own.

It is exactly 300mm motor to motor. It uses 37mm spacers, just because that is what I had lying around. I decided to use cheap ZMR 1806 motors, along with 5 x 3 props. It has a built-in vibration dampening system with earplug for the top-mounted Mobius Action Cam. 10amp SimonK ESCs and a Naze32 equivalent, the Flip32+ from Witespy power the system.

Rippin' it Up - Swift Hex (3 min 53 sec)

More information at: http://www.flitereport.com/swift-hex...ted-hex-frame/
jjmelo is online now Find More Posts by jjmelo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Durafly Das Ugly Stik Review
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:38 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,245 Posts
Nice build, what infill you use to print it? I guess the plan are not for public? I'm thinking of making the blackout style hex too
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2014, 03:35 AM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Aug 2012
406 Posts
0.4 infill. Yeah, the plans are not going to be public. I might start selling the frames on my site soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
Nice build, what infill you use to print it? I guess the plan are not for public? I'm thinking of making the blackout style hex too
jjmelo is online now Find More Posts by jjmelo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Durafly Das Ugly Stik Review