HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jjmelo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 04:33 AM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Aug 2012
445 Posts
Cool
Swift Hex 300mm 3D Printed Hex Frame

Introducing the Swift Hex, a mini sized hexacopter that I designed and 3D printed, specifically for FPV. Its design was inspired by the Blackout Spider Hex, but seeing as it is currently unavailable, I decided to designed and make my own.

It is exactly 300mm motor to motor. It uses 37mm spacers, just because that is what I had lying around. I decided to use cheap ZMR 1806 motors, along with 5 x 3 props. It has a built-in vibration dampening system with earplug for the top-mounted Mobius Action Cam. 10amp SimonK ESCs and a Naze32 equivalent, the Flip32+ from Witespy power the system.

Rippin' it Up - Swift Hex (3 min 53 sec)

More information at: http://www.flitereport.com/swift-hex...ted-hex-frame/
jjmelo is offline Find More Posts by jjmelo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Durafly Das Ugly Stik Review
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2014, 03:38 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,328 Posts
Nice build, what infill you use to print it? I guess the plan are not for public? I'm thinking of making the blackout style hex too
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2014, 04:35 AM
Joined Aug 2012
445 Posts
0.4 infill. Yeah, the plans are not going to be public. I might start selling the frames on my site soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
Nice build, what infill you use to print it? I guess the plan are not for public? I'm thinking of making the blackout style hex too
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2014, 04:05 AM
United States, CA, El Cerrito
Joined Jan 2007
1,119 Posts
Very cool! Question...you said it has earplugs for anti-vibration system. You actually use earplugs? If so, great idea and would like to use them for my rig. If not, me not so smart lol.
Thanks

Ebo
Ebolavoodoo is offline Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo
Old Dec 16, 2014, 05:37 AM
Joined Aug 2012
445 Posts
I did use earplugs with great results. No jello on the Mobius.

I've switched to those black vibration dampening balls now, had them lying around.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2014, 06:10 AM
United States, CA, El Cerrito
Joined Jan 2007
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmelo View Post
I did use earplugs with great results. No jello on the Mobius.

I've switched to those black vibration dampening balls now, had them lying around.
Rodger that! I don't have the dampening balls. Plenty of earplugs. Thanks for the tip...no pun intended

Cool vids as well! Watched a bunch of them on your bio page. Now I know who to go to if i need fpv help hahahaha!
Ebo
Ebolavoodoo is offline Find More Posts by Ebolavoodoo