HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2004, 03:31 PM
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2003
357 Posts
Q: Who can I get micro items from (outside USA)? / Is DWE reliable?

Hello

Can some one tell me a vendor who have online ordering facilities and are willing to ship internationally (New Zealand). I am very keen to get my hands on a MicroPitts kit offered by DWE (smallrc.com) but they do not seem to answer their email. Does any one outside the US have any dealing with them? How long does shipping cost and take?

Cheers

Henry
dimple is offline Find More Posts by dimple
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2004, 04:33 PM
Foam rules
HdG Md.
Joined Jan 2003
4,914 Posts
Look here and see. As far a all the vendors on that list are great to deal with. Just remember most have real jobs too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=84771
Thatovalguy is offline Find More Posts by Thatovalguy
Old Apr 08, 2004, 05:08 PM
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2002
1,902 Posts
Henry,

Here in the states we have a very large RC trade show in Toledo, Ohio. I think it was just a week or two ago and all of the vendors attend. As a result, for a few weeks on both sides of it, most dealers are either traveling or swamped with work from the show. As TOG said, most of these guys have day jobs, so they have their hands full. DWE is a good source, also try Bob Selman, his wife Janell handles most of the order fulfilment and I find their turn around time on orders very fast. They will have to answer your questions about shipping overseas.

Dave
Dave Wulff is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wulff
Old Apr 08, 2004, 10:40 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,432 Posts
DWE is the only source in the US of the Micro Pitts kit. I'm sure Dan can ship overseas. Like Dave said, Dan has a day job. But, like me Dan and his wife also have a new baby. So, I'm sure he is stretched thin right now. And, the Toldeo show required him to be away from home. I'm sure your email will get answered soon.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Apr 09, 2004, 08:04 AM
Buffalo, New York
Joined Jan 2002
1,024 Posts
Henry,
I apologize for not answering your email in a timely fashion. As others have stated I have been extremely busy with work, a new baby, a trade show, and DWE. I think we are slowly starting to get our ducks in a row and should be back to a normal routine within a few days. I sent you an email. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. There's lot of good information here and knowlegable people here who can help you out. And of course you can always email us at DWE as well if you have any questions and I promise to do a better job of getting the answer back to you quickly.

Regards,
Dan Hurd
DWE
dhurd is offline Find More Posts by dhurd
Old Apr 09, 2004, 05:11 PM
Joined Dec 2000
89 Posts
Dan,

I received a Selman actuator with a broken horn from DWE on Nov. 16th 2003. Your wife agreed to send replacement on Dec. 10th. Since then I've received nothing. Neither an actuator, nor an answer to the three e-mails ( Jan, 25th; Feb. 6th; Mar 15th ) I've sent to you since then.

Sorry for posting this to the NG, but personal e-mails seem to be of no use.

Achim
Achim Stegmeier is offline Find More Posts by Achim Stegmeier
Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:21 PM
QLD, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
1,552 Posts
Hennry,
Take a look here :- http://members.dodo.net.au/~daviddewit/
Daves just opening up but already has a good stock of essentials and some hard to get things .
Stewart
clipclop is offline Find More Posts by clipclop
Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:38 PM
Micro Brushless crazy
India, Bangalore
Joined Jul 2002
1,012 Posts
Henry, DWE is a great place to order from. I've ordered twice from them, and both times service has been very good. All there packages show up in 6-7days, thats good.

A very happy customer in India,
Uttam
Uttam1 is offline Find More Posts by Uttam1
Old Apr 12, 2004, 07:53 AM
Buffalo, New York
Joined Jan 2002
1,024 Posts
Achim,
I apologize that we haven't gotten back to you. I'm surprised though that three emails would go unanswered as I answer all emails that I receive even though I may be a little late in responding. I do know that our hosting service has filtered out certain ISP's emails because of heavy spamming and/or viruses. I know this because we have had several people call and tell us they sent emails but I never received them.
There was also a long period of time where we were out of stock on the Selman housings and we got some resently. We have a new remote actuator insert that you may want to take a look at (GHHOUSE). I like them a little better then the Selman inserts.
Anyway I will make sure that Joanne looks into this and sends a replacement right away.

regards,
Dan Hurd
DWE
dhurd is offline Find More Posts by dhurd
Old Apr 13, 2004, 01:24 PM
Hiigaran member
'on a mountian in New Hampshire
Joined Aug 2002
901 Posts
The good folks at DWE are as good as they get. You are in good hands.

-LY
Lone Yankee is offline Find More Posts by Lone Yankee