HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2004, 10:44 PM
3D Wannabe
Kamloops, B.C. CANADA
Joined Jul 2002
609 Posts
Any E flyers near Courtenay, BC on Vancouver Island?

I'm curious if there are any electric flyers in or around the Courtenay area on the "island". I will be working up at Mt. Washington this summer and would like to try and get together with fliers in the area. Let me know!

Thanks
Kevin
KDB@KAM is offline Find More Posts by KDB@KAM
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2004, 11:38 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
The flying field for the club is in Nanoose. http://www.pdqflyers.com has a little map to show where the field is at.

Jason
Blazin_Jason is offline Find More Posts by Blazin_Jason
Old Apr 08, 2004, 12:31 AM
Comox B.C Canada
Joined Feb 2002
85 Posts
Hi Kevin

There are several of us in the Comox Valley that fly eletrics. Everything from parkflyers and 3d to high performance electric sailplanes. There is also some reasonable slope flying. The flying club in Merville, just North of Comox by 10 minutes is primarily gas. It does have some members, maybe 15 or so that also fly electric. Send me an e-mail and we can get together. I am in Campbell River right now, but will be moving to Comox in July.

Cheers
Ulrich
Ulrich Dick is offline Find More Posts by Ulrich Dick
Old Apr 08, 2004, 10:32 AM
3D Wannabe
Kamloops, B.C. CANADA
Joined Jul 2002
609 Posts
Jason, Ulrich,

Thank you for your quick response! I've saved the info and look forward to "hooking up" with the guys there! I'll be there starting in June, and will be working on the new lift installation at the mountain. I'll be back in touch closer to June.

Thanks Again
Kevin
Old Apr 08, 2004, 11:35 AM
3D Wannabe
Kamloops, B.C. CANADA
Joined Jul 2002
609 Posts
By the way, are there any good RC hobby shops fairly close by? One never knows when you need something!

Kevin
Old Apr 08, 2004, 11:59 AM
Comox B.C Canada
Joined Feb 2002
85 Posts
"Flite Supply" is in Merville at the gas/electric field. He has a good supply of most stuff.
Ulrich Dick is offline Find More Posts by Ulrich Dick