HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

ReadyMadeRC FPV Camera and Pan and Tilt

In this review we build the Pro Pan and Tilt and test the Pro 700N FPV camera from RMRC.

Splash

These two FPV units work together to make your FPV experience better.

Pro 700N - 700TVL WDR CCD (NTSC)

I was looking to upgrade my FPV cam and pan and tilt on my Penguin aerial platform. The word from Tim at ReadyMadeRC is that he feels the Pro 700N is one of the best FPV cams out there. The retail price is $149.99. While I have yet to attempt low light FPV flying I can say the Pro 700N was a big jump up from my old Fat Shark unit.

One interesting thing about this camera is that it has 960 horizontal pixels of resolution but standard definition video is limited to 700 TVL. So while this camera has a higher TVL it can only really be rated as a 700 TVL.

The camera also has built in menu buttons on the back. That means you can tweak your settings on the fly unlike some cameras that have to have an external button pad connected to make changes. Don't be too quick with changing the settings. RMRC ships each unit with the settings they feel work best for the 700N.

RMRC Pro700N and Pan and Tilt (6 min 57 sec)

It also has 5-15V input range. This allowed me to plug it directly into my flight controller (FY 41AP) for power. My old camera needed a UBEC for power.

Specifications

• 1/3" Sony 960H Ex-view HAD CCD II, EFFIO-P DSP
  • Composite video output
  • Pixels: PAL: (H)1024x(V)596; NTSC: (H)1028x(V)508
  • 700 TV Line
  • 0.06Lux/F1.2; 0.01Lux/F2.0
  • Standard 3.6mm optic lens
  • On-screen controls for setting camera parameters
  • S/N Ratio: More Than 50dB (AGC off)
  • DNR: 2D DNR (Digital Noise Reducer)
  • Integrated line-level microphone
  • RCA equipped A/V cable
  • Video Output: 1Vp-p 75 Oms , Negative
  • Audio Output: 300mV at 600 Oms
  • 2.1mm x 5.5mm DC Power Jack
  • 1.3 ounce (36 grams).
  • Micro Size, 1.2 (H) x 1.2 (W) Inch [30 x 30mm].
  • Power Consumption: DC 5V-15V, 150mA-50mA

Click here to learn more and purchase.

Pro Camera Pan and Tilt Kit

The Pro Pan and Tilt is carbon fiber reinforced plastic that starts at $34.99. The pieces are cut well and it goes together without a hitch. Be sure to make sure you have each piece put together the right way before you hit it with CA. You can accidentally get some pieces backward. The design works like a standard pan and tilt but with an extended travel servo or a servo stretcher you can get a 360 degree pan. The pan is mounted to a metal mechanism rotating on precision bearings for better durability.

The camera mount works with full size FPV cams including the RMRC-420, RMRC-480, RMRC-540, RMRC-600XV, RMRC-700XV. It also has a cutout in the back for the menu buttons (nice!).

You can mount smaller cameras with double stick tape.

Build Photos

Manual for the pro pan and tilt.

Discussion

Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:36 AM
Joined Sep 2004
9 Posts
Hi, very interesting topic !! and product ...BUT....
I need please to know about how did you connected directly these two servos channels into your FY41AP ?, you mean maybe directly into two free channels of your RX receiver right ?, because Feiyu Tech do not recommend to connect servos directly into the Rx. Please I need your answer at hmr190@gmail.com
regards
Hugo.
Werner_Molder is offline Find More Posts by Werner_Molder
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:43 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,540 Posts
I clipped the red lead going to the RX from the FY unit and powered the RX with a lipo and UBEC.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:50 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,540 Posts
Here is a post showing how to do that.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Oct 03, 2014, 09:35 AM
Joined Aug 2014
87 Posts
I found SurveilZone just sell $111 the same camera? is it the same? http://www.surveilzone.com/dc5v-sony...s-audio-hs1173
John Snow is online now Find More Posts by John Snow