HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

ActionDroneUSA's new FPV Mini - The ADm

ActionDroneUSA steps up to the plate with their new Mini FPV rig The ADm

Splash

The mini FPV bug has hit and ActionDroneUSA adds a great option the ADm!

My good buddy Darryl Anunciado from ActionDroneUSA sent me some news last night that made me smile! ActionDroneUSA is releasing a brand new mini FPV quad the ADm. Pre-orders are already being taken! This rig is on it's way to the stores!

If you don't know what mini FPV'ing is all about, it's basically the new craze! Smaller rigs that use small inexpensive battery packs, small props and are simply a blast to fly! Since they are smaller even tiny yards become flying spots, they are lighter so crashes usually result in maybe a broken prop. So basically they are affordable awesomeness. And I can honestly say that once you try a mini you will have to have one.

ActionDroneUSA hit the world with it's AD1. A FPV/GoPro professional filming trig that worked very well. They established themselves as a real player in the market. And now They are dropping the mini hammer! Let's take a look at some specs:

• Specs:
  • Full Carbon Fiber Airframe with GOPRO protection mount (130g)
  • 272mm motor to motor,
  • Support up to 6 inches props,
  • 1mm body plates
  • 2mm arms
  • Support CC3D or mini FC (35x35mm) , Inside body 37mm wide

• Tested:
  • Motor: 2206 1800kv,
  • ESC: 12A (BLheli)
  • 3s 2200mah,
  • 6 inches props,
  • Total weight with GOPRO 3 & Battery: 590g
  • 14 mins flight times (3.6v left on each cells)

• Suggested setup:
  • Motor: 2202-2206 1800-2300kv
  • Props: 5-6 inches
  • ESC: 10-12A
  • Battery: 3s 2200mah (if you are crazy, 4S with 1400-1500kv)
PICS:

You can Pre-order right now!

US and other countries www.ActionDroneUSA.com

Australia, NZ and Asia www.ActionDroneAUS.com

Last edited by Sleepyc; Jun 10, 2014 at 12:52 PM..

Discussion

Old Jun 10, 2014, 02:02 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2013
441 Posts
Thanks Stephen for this review! I'll try to post our maiden flight video in here. Forgive our crappy flying we are very used to our bigger AD1 this is like flying a hyper active quad.
ActionDrone is online now Find More Posts by ActionDrone
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 10, 2014, 08:41 PM
It got away...
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Feb 2013
1,395 Posts
Action drone is like my dream frame... One day..
Number2 is offline Find More Posts by Number2
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:14 PM
Joined Oct 2013
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2 View Post
Action drone is like my dream frame... One day..
We're like Disney we make dreams come true! We got you when you're ready.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 10, 2014, 09:20 PM
Joined Oct 2013
441 Posts
Here's a quick maiden flight video. We will get more videos the better we get.

ADm maiden flight... Mini Quadcopter by Action Drone (0 min 55 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:46 AM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,004 Posts
Very nice.. but very expensive.
slowjett is offline Find More Posts by slowjett
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:51 AM
United States, IL, Winthrop Harbor
Joined Apr 2013
116 Posts
It's a beautiful frame that might be tempting if I really wanted to record with a GoPro and I never crashed. The arms are only 2mm carbon. By comparison, Armattan's CF 226mm uses 4mm arms, costs $80 for the frame, and they will replace arms or frame parts if you do manage to break it.

I mean, I know they're two completely different quads, but it just makes me feel like I could snap an arm or two off every time I touch the ground. And no word on their site how much replacement arms will cost.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, it's a beautiful and well-designed frame, but I don't understand who the target audience is. So many people fly HobbyKing's $18 frame and film with a Mobius with great results (myself included). If I really wanted to use a GoPro, I could buy a TBS Disco frame for half the cost of this.
JakeFrmStateFarm is online now Find More Posts by JakeFrmStateFarm
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:07 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,300 Posts
I like what has been posted in review I want one.

Big point to make here

notice how flying in urban areas is becoming a key selling point of all miniature multirotors, contrast 2011:

-if you fly in cities you will get us regulated into the dirt.

not that I disagree with flying in a city, thats pretty much the only place I do fly, but this trend is great to watch evolve. as things get smaller, the fear mongers w switch to privacy mongers in a new and open front!

chalk this thread up as one example where we all advocate flying go pro quads in the city, in our backyard, because nobody decried it yet. It was sold to them in a very nice shape and serving size. In 2011, there was no aspect of urban flight acceptable. its like the civil rights movement for fpv and trappy is ____________ insert your own I aint going there.
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:37 AM
United States, CA, Upland
Joined Nov 2013
76 Posts
[QUOTE=JakeFrmStateFarm;28620628]It's a beautiful frame that might be tempting if I really wanted to record with a GoPro and I never crashed. The arms are only 2mm carbon. By comparison, Armattan's CF 226mm uses 4mm arms, costs $80 for the frame, and they will replace arms or frame parts if you do manage to break it.

I mean, I know they're two completely different quads, but it just makes me feel like I could snap an arm or two off every time I touch the ground. And no word on their site how much replacement arms will cost.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, it's a beautiful and well-designed frame, but I don't understand who the target audience is. So many people fly HobbyKing's $18 frame and film with a Mobius with great results (myself included). If I really wanted to use a GoPro, I could buy a TBS Disco frame for half the cost of this.[/QUOTE

you make a good point...armattan kicks major booty indeed for not that much money....we'll see what the new armattan fpv frame costs so who knows. very similar frames however 2mm arms can create oscillations if everything isn't balanced perfect and strength is atleast half that of 4mm. this adm is definitely a head turner tho.
mr.f is offline Find More Posts by mr.f
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:03 AM
Joined Oct 2013
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFrmStateFarm View Post
It's a beautiful frame that might be tempting if I really wanted to record with a GoPro and I never crashed. The arms are only 2mm carbon. By comparison, Armattan's CF 226mm uses 4mm arms, costs $80 for the frame, and they will replace arms or frame parts if you do manage to break it.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, it's a beautiful and well-designed frame, but I don't understand who the target audience is. So many people fly HobbyKing's $18 frame and film with a Mobius with great results (myself included). If I really wanted to use a GoPro, I could buy a TBS Disco frame for half the cost of this.
Don't worry I dont think you're a downer. We do have specific target market. Its the people that want to combine both the speed and agility of a mini (Discovery or our AD1 can't ever do) but yet would like to have videos coming from the GoPro without any Jello. I know its not for everyone In fact why buy a discover just go to Home Depot and get your self some wood and make a cross put some ESC and motors a kk2 board and bam you got yourself a quadcopter.

Just like insurance why go with state farm if I can go with geico at a lower rate.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by ActionDrone; Jun 11, 2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:12 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFrmStateFarm View Post

So why are their Porsches? A Smart car handles turns awesomely, and is 1/10th the price!
Sleepyc is offline Find More Posts by Sleepyc
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:14 AM
Joined Oct 2013
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
I like what has been posted in review I want one.

Big point to make here

notice how flying in urban areas is becoming a key selling point of all miniature multirotors, contrast 2011:

-if you fly in cities you will get us regulated into the dirt.

not that I disagree with flying in a city, thats pretty much the only place I do fly, but this trend is great to watch evolve. as things get smaller, the fear mongers w switch to privacy mongers in a new and open front!

chalk this thread up as one example where we all advocate flying go pro quads in the city, in our backyard, because nobody decried it yet. It was sold to them in a very nice shape and serving size. In 2011, there was no aspect of urban flight acceptable. its like the civil rights movement for fpv and trappy is ____________ insert your own I aint going there.
Very good point. I don't ever fly in the city seriously, just maybe like a hover or two. In fact its actually very very dangerous with all the interference you can get. In fact when Trappy flew in Vegas he had to be careful because the airwaves was super super congested.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:27 AM
Team Cobra USA .
Joined Jan 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyc View Post
So why are their Porsches? A Smart car handles turns awesomely, and is 1/10th the price!
I'm just gonna pretend that comment was never typed, Ferdinand is rolling in his grave. Shame on you!
awdspider is online now Find More Posts by awdspider
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:39 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,300 Posts
all I think we need to do is encase quads better, then fly almost anywhere in a neighborhood setting. im all for urban flying, but we have to meet in the middle with the fear mongers who hate the idea.

your small quads are ideal for the coming way, encase them smartly so that only downward intertia is the risk (mitigated by size) and not prop strikes, and you remove a huge segment of fear from the coming way.

The coming way IS urban flying, it will be like that almost exclusively because the public demands a convenient flying field, and currently they use phantoms or small hexes to get it.

This type craft should be the new standard for city flights, even smaller, and V2 should have a smart caging system that still allows for filming unobstructed, but goes beyond typical prop guards.

Ill throw out first pitch

retro this little bad boy into a lightweight clear inflatable plastic bubble ball and find a way to allow airflow and unobstructed views even if part of the caging is lightweight plastic mesh.

some aspect of pool foam bits encasing most of the external hardware for a softened impact, then some ingenious way of using nacelles or something to shroud the blades.

its possible

urban flying is the coming way, unstoppable. the most unstoppable aspect of growth since the inception of anything rc will be a zillion threads all showing city flights, so get to miniaturizing and we'll call it a day.

Who cares what privacy hacks think about it, they use google earth to zoom in on their neighbors yards just the same.
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:56 PM
Joined Sep 2011
56 Posts
FINALLY!!! A mini quad based around a GoPro and 2200mah 3 cell batteries!!!! This is what I have been waiting for!!!!!!!!
Maxintheair is offline Find More Posts by Maxintheair