HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2001, 11:32 PM
steve neill
n/a Posts
All right guys....what did you get for christmas?

I'll start. One Titanic Airlines B-29, oh and a Krusty Doll ( mine is set for evil ). No jets, but I have lots of little baby F-86's being born! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!!!
Steve
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2001, 11:50 PM
Oxford, Alabama USA
Joined May 2001
642 Posts
My kids got me a Kyosho F-16 and the electronics for the bird as well. Or I got it and let them give it to me
jimmyray is offline Find More Posts by jimmyray
Old Dec 26, 2001, 11:57 PM
steve neill
n/a Posts
You have nice kids. So that's what we have them for. My wife and daughter got me the B-29, it was too big to put under the tree so they put it in my bathroom. Being that was the first place I went to after getting up I had know problem finding it.
Next?
Old Dec 27, 2001, 12:12 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,933 Posts
I got a bandsaw. The trouble was sitting on the things that I could cut with it even though I didn't know about it.
Mike
motorhead is online now Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Dec 27, 2001, 11:50 AM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
I wanted building tools but my brother got me a digital camera instead! also he gave me a 96" folding table which is cool remeber,IF YOU WANT IT DONE RITE DO IT YOUR SELF!!!!!!! stefanP

PUT THE PEDDLE TO THE METAL......
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Dec 27, 2001, 05:37 PM
Elizabethtown/Ft. Knox, Kentucky, United States
Joined Jan 2001
1,125 Posts
Another JR 8103PCM, so I can get 10 more planes in the air! My kids gave me a nice aluminum dual transmitter case.
Jim Phelps
Jim Phelps is offline Find More Posts by Jim Phelps
Old Dec 27, 2001, 06:07 PM
An Original!
Joined Aug 2001
955 Posts
I got t-shirts.
My wife is the practical type.
Gliderguy is offline Find More Posts by Gliderguy
Old Dec 27, 2001, 06:56 PM
steve neill
n/a Posts
I hope those t-shirts had airplanes on them.
Building tools are great but JR radio's are good too! The B-29 is great, but the Krusty doll is hard to beat. Keep them coming guys, this is fun.Bandsaw, can't build without them!
Steve
Old Dec 27, 2001, 09:31 PM
shut up & fly
United States, FL, Miami
Joined May 2001
3,829 Posts
I scored big, my wife got me a brushless motor for one of my IC prop conversion projects, my mom got me an Electro screamer so I can fly in the back yard. and a new heavy duty dremel

oh yea most important a spinal tap DVD and a pair of Chuck Taylor Converse high tops.... since they stopped making them.

not sure if that as good as an evil Krusty Doll though !
hoser is offline Find More Posts by hoser
Old Dec 28, 2001, 02:35 AM
steve neill
n/a Posts
No, that's right up there Hoser. Great going! Great family!
Old Dec 28, 2001, 08:11 AM
stonington , conn....usa
Joined Sep 2001
175 Posts
xmas

Hi,
what's a Krusty doll?.anyhow I got a post xmas gift coming too.....airworld cougar.....I love that brown truck!..Bruce
Brucejay34 is offline Find More Posts by Brucejay34
Old Dec 28, 2001, 08:55 AM
That should fly!
San Antonio, Texas
Joined Oct 2001
2,406 Posts
In my stack of gifts this year was a Hitec 555 receiver for my KC F-18 that is about to be off the building board and into the air. I also got a Frank Cavazos Boomerang combat wing to replace the one that my stupid apartment maintenance crew mistook for trash(I left it on the bed of my truck, ended up in the parking lot), and compacted with the trash. Much to my surprize was Rod Machado's private pilot handbook and workbook as well as a 3 hour ticket to a local flight school! Yippeeeeee! Oh yeah, and a cordless dremel, not the freewheeler junk, but the one with changable battery packs. (This thing rocks!)

Wow, Jim, I thought one 8103 was enough? Can't you just hook up to a computer to use the model safe and just upload what you are flying for the day? I know you have a computer Look at it this way, now you are going to need 9 more flight packs! (I wish that wasn't my problem at this point )
Admiral_Red is offline Find More Posts by Admiral_Red
Old Dec 28, 2001, 10:39 AM
Dude, where's My Plane?
Green Lane PA USA
Joined Mar 2001
2,167 Posts
Baahhhhhhhhh I didnt get what I wanted,,,,,,, again!
I asked for the offshore SU-37 short kit and plans,,,,, didnt get it. I did get a check for $50 for use on EDF stuff, but Ill probably use it toward a brushless setup. All I really wanted for like the last 3 years is EDF stuff, nothing would be cooler than a new jet kit to build, I dropped all the hints, emailed web site links, and even hurried to get my current project off the bench so I could start on it right away,,,,,,,,,, NADA,,,, Dooohhh!!!
I did get cool stuff though, I got dirt bike riding gear, road bicycle riding gear, and a VERY cool Arai street bike helmet. I got a rotersie griller, TV with a DVD player in it. All in all a good haul, but man I really want EDF stuff, and its hard to drop the cash on yourself sometimes you know,,,, well it is for me at least .
Oh well, thats it!!!!!! I am calling NE sailplains and ordering that brushless set up today!!!!!! I think Ill hold off on the SU 37 untill after I get better with the F-18 on steroids and try to crank out my 2 contest jets. I still have to finish up my depron Minx 480 for winter flying too, no way I can get my bungee stakes into the frozen ground!!! .
JasonJ is offline Find More Posts by JasonJ