HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

SK 720 Black Edition - Flybarless Controller System

Fully Featured Heli Stabilization

Splash

6-degrees of freedom inertial flight control system

The SK 720 Black Edition is a seriously advanced flight controller that offers features suitable for beginners and pros alike. Using accelerometers, you can enable an auto level mode to make it easier to fly by having the copter self level when you release the sticks. For the 3D guys it can integrate the tail and cyclic gyros which will improve the tail hold and increase stability in piro maneuvers.

The SK 720 is suitable for 250 size and up helicopters and can be programmed in mere minutes with the PC Software or the optional SK-LCD Terminal. The controller also has flight logging built-in. You can record your flight and then play it back on your PC. It will show the heli movements as well as your stick positions which is an incredible training aid.

Check out the SK720 Black Edition at Skookum Robotics.

Discussion

Old Jun 02, 2014, 11:56 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,467 Posts
Keeee-ripes! That's more than my BeastX cost. And my BeastX came with a whole Blade 500x and 6S battery, ready to bind and fly! I guess if you want to play with the fun stuff, you have to pay.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jun 03, 2014, 12:56 PM
United States, SC, Moncks Corner
Joined Mar 2012
1,430 Posts
Yup...Of all the money I have spent in this hobby, the money I have spent on my Skookums (multiple units) are about the ONLY purchases I didn't have "buyers remorse" over..and my MKS servos...*grins* I would quit flying before using a BeastX again....
heli_haven is offline Find More Posts by heli_haven
Old Jun 03, 2014, 02:17 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,703 Posts
Thread is a dime a dozen over at HF.

P.S . . .My Dad can beat your Dad up . Now what. . . ha
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jun 03, 2014, 02:40 PM
United States, SC, Moncks Corner
Joined Mar 2012
1,430 Posts
I have been HF free for a year now...*grins*
heli_haven is offline Find More Posts by heli_haven
Old Jun 03, 2014, 02:50 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli_haven View Post
I have been HF free for a year now...*grins*
They kicked you out that long ago? Har har har.... I'm so funny...
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jun 05, 2014, 08:22 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
Yeah, all that stuff is a bit steep now a days.........guess I'll keep using my Helicox unit.....works flawless and don't have to sell my first born..!!

I have an extra NIB Helicox for sale if someone is interested.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Last edited by CopterKid77; Jun 09, 2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2014, 09:45 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,104 Posts
That is really cool. I like the auto level feature. But yeah the cost is pretty steep for it. I am still trying to justify it myself. Maybe something along the line with it helps to save you from crashing as much and having to repair the heli as much. So it would reduce the overall costs associated to flying the heli.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Jun 09, 2014, 06:51 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,374 Posts
I have the original SK720 on my T-Rex 500 and unless you are already an expert pilot the gyro will pay for itself over time. I have saved hundreds of dollars using self-level to avoid crashes.

I tried Ikon on my new T-Rex 600 because it was cheaper and what do you know you get what you pay for. The SL on the Ikon was a pain to get to work right and I was never comfortable relying on it to save me. Didn't have much time to fly last year so mostly sat on the shelf because I didn't want to mess with it. Now after only a year and maybe a dozen flights it's a paper weight because it won't drive the tail servo anymore. I'll probably be buying a 720BE to replace it soon.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:07 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,259 Posts
Like Helihaven, I am another guy that doesn't have a single twinge of regret after buying these. Great self level if you need it. But the other features are just amazing. Vibe logging that literally sees in great detail every moving part on your heli. No more guessing where that vibe is coming from, nor worrying if something unseen is taking place. The proactive gov is reputedly the best gov in the industry by everyone that has compared them. Gps compatible. And again probably the best tail gyro in existence. This doesn't use regular gyros, nothing cheap like the game quality gyros used in the BX mentioned above that we see used in free cell phones. Also used in virtually all the other low end or low cost gyros. This uses new gen pinpoint gyros. So here, you do get what you are paying for. Not just another fancy fbl controller name with overpriced programming and zero features.

Plus the setup wiz makes dialing one in on your heli one of the easiest gyros you will ever setup.

Hey, the others work, and I have setup and flown lots of them. But the Black simply blows them away. I haven't used the self level feature for years now, but was so impressed with how the Sk720 Black flew, and its other operating features, I sold off the rest of what I had and bought a couple more.
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis