HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2004, 02:58 PM
New Jersey, USA
Joined May 2003
1,987 Posts
Eddie P .... Thank you.

I like your avitar? (is that right?) I've seen that nose art before. Should have considered that livery.

David
David A Ramsey is offline Find More Posts by David A Ramsey
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2004, 06:08 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,551 Posts
I Have to Agree With Eddie P.

You have outdone yourself! Hope it flys as well as it looks. I am sure it will, given your construction methods.

If you want to do another similarly configured "twin" with aft nacelles, I have a particular fondness for the Embraer ERJ 145. Flew them into NYC on US Air. Love the pointy nose and large nacelles.

Pete G
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Apr 07, 2004, 11:03 PM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,115 Posts
Re: 727-100 PHOTO

Quote:
Originally posted by David A Ramsey
Ok, here's my 727-100 with a round inlet on engine no. 2. I still have a few details to add.
Very nice. My dad is a retired TWA Captain. They "affectionately" called the Seven-Twos "Miss Piggy".

Daren
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren
Old Apr 08, 2004, 09:02 AM
New Jersey, USA
Joined May 2003
1,987 Posts
P_J_Glor: Will look up the Embraer ERJ 145. I've also been considering one of the Falcons. Then again, a 727 for GWS EDF 75s might be interesting after I see how the EDF 50 size works.

Thanks for the "First Flight" confidence boost!

David
Old Apr 08, 2004, 09:13 AM
New Jersey, USA
Joined May 2003
1,987 Posts
Daren: The 727 was the first commercial airliner I flew on. I can still remember looking out the window while the wing came apart on final approach (down-n-dirty) . And while she may have earned the name "Miss Piggy" by the pilots who flew her, I loved the feeling of being pushed back in my seat on takeoff. Just loved it. Your Dad had the better seat!

Thanks Daren.

David
Old Apr 08, 2004, 09:47 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,121 Posts
I'm with you David.I have a vivid memory from when I was about 5, walking down the rear stairs (when you still could), looking up and seeing the big sun logo from National Airlines on the tail. I too loved the feeling of being pushed back in the seat...you don't get that on most of todays airliners. Not to mention the thunderous roar that you felt throughout your whole body!
zbrubaker is online now Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Apr 16, 2004, 07:58 PM
New Jersey, USA
Joined May 2003
1,987 Posts
Thought all of you that replied to this thread might like to know my EDF 50, Boeing 727-100 flew it's maiden flight tonight and flys pretty nice with a round intake on No. 2. Nothen like the silohouette of a 727, as the sun has just set, comin at you viewed at about a 45 degree angle. Although I would consider the left seat.

David
Old Apr 16, 2004, 08:06 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,551 Posts
Sooooo....Now that we know it flies, it is time for you to sell another construction article to Flying Models....

And Congratulations!!!! [but there were no doubts here...]

Pete G
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Apr 16, 2004, 09:09 PM
New Jersey, USA
Joined May 2003
1,987 Posts
P J Glor: Thanks for the Congrats! The worst part, for me, of an article is inking plans. Will take awile before I can start.

David
Old Apr 19, 2004, 12:08 PM
Joined Apr 2004
10 Posts
david.........where can we get a kit like your 727, or learjet? ever thought of making a concorde using 4 gws 50 fans?...
thailandboy is offline Find More Posts by thailandboy
Old Apr 19, 2004, 02:26 PM
New Jersey, USA
Joined May 2003
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thailandboy
david.........where can we get a kit like your 727, or learjet? ever thought of making a concorde using 4 gws 50 fans?...
Well Zeke "zbrubaker" is hard at work on his 727 for GWS EDF 50s (search in electric "Park Flyers"). After his flys, and I understand he's close, you might see him offer a kit. Lots of members would kike to see him succeed. If life was just a 727, he'd have it flyen months ago.
My 727 will end up in Flying Models, hopefully later this year. Learjet Plans are available through Flying Models, March 2004 Issue.
www.flying-models.com
Concord is nice, but sticking with GWS twins for now. David