HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

The TrakPower, Get JUICED, Charger Giveaway!

Win the VR-1 dual racing charger AND DPS power supply

Splash

Keep your batteries juiced and ready for action with the TrakPower VR-1 charger & DPS power supply!

Here we are with another killer giveaway to which we teamed-up with our good friends at Hobbico to make happen. This month we are giving away TrakPower’s top-of-the-line VR-1 Dual Racing Charger along with the DPS 12V 25A Racing Power Supply.

ABOUT THE VR-1 DUAL RACING CHARGER & DPS POWER SUPPLY

The TrakPower VR-1 Dual Racing Charger is a high-performance, fully programmable and computerized battery charger. It is able to charge all RC battery chemistry types and is ideal for not only juicing up high-voltage LiPo battery packs, but also the receiver packs used in nitro- and gas-powered vehicles, the battery packs used in starter boxes and even the sealed lead acid batteries used for electric starters, fuel pumps, power panels and to power boats. Dual outputs with built-in balancing provide the ability to charge two batteries simultaneously and eliminate the need for a separate in-line balancer. A large, tilt-able, reversed backlit graphic LCD makes it easy to view at any angle, indoors or out. The VR-1 can handle 20A (up to 6S) on Channel 1 and 6A (up to 4S) on Channel 2.

The TrakPower DPS 12V 25A Racing Power Supply makes it possible to eliminate cable clutter and free-up valuable pit or workbench space, while enjoying up to 25A of current. The DPS Racing Power Supply was tailor-made to dock with the VR-1 charger, resulting in an unbeatable combination of performance, versatility and convenience.

HOW TO ENTER:

We want to see a picture of your favorite RC vehicle or the one that is on your ‘Gotta-Get’ list. So, what you need to do is make a post in this thread that includes the picture of your favorite RC vehicle, identify it and tell us why it is you chose it.

Please make only one post and be sure to get it done before the deadline. The giveaway will conclude at the end of the month on Saturday, May 31, 2014 and the winner will be announced on Monday, June 2, 2014. We will use a random number generator to select the winner. If the winner does not respond within 24 hours of when the winner is announced, a new winner will be chosen using the random number generator.

This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only, so as long as you live in one of the 50, you can enter. Sorry to all of our international members, we are working to make upcoming contests open to everyone.

VIDEO—Info about the VR-1 Dual Racing Charger

TrakPower VR-1 Dual Racing Charger & DPS 12V 25A Racing Power Supply (1 min 34 sec)

GOOD LUCK!!!

Discussion

Closed Thread
Old May 04, 2014, 01:14 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,959 Posts
Here is my Losi SCT with LED lights. It has head lights, tail lights, under-carriage lights, and marker lights that change from blue to red when the battery is low, and means "Stop Driving!" because LiPos don't want to go as low as 3.30V per cell.

The schematic was first put on my Son's car, then on mine, that is why it says "Aaron", I am Dave
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Last edited by dbacon; May 04, 2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old May 04, 2014, 02:05 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,078 Posts
The Parkzone Radian, great relaxing flyer.

Adam
VS
verticalspark is online now Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Trinidad Scorpion
Old May 04, 2014, 02:36 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,390 Posts
This is one of my all time favorites. The first truck I built from the ground up. She had an O.S. .12 CZ-Z . I blew almost two weeks wages getting her in my grubby hands. A blast to build and drive. A true classic. I don't have one any more but I can get one cheap now.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old May 04, 2014, 02:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1,862 Posts
I'm not sure if "vehicle" is restricted to cars or not but if not then it has to be the SAB Goblin Speed 700. I don't have one but it's on my "must buy" list...

The reason why I chose this is because it looks absolutely gorgeous but it's not just looks. This heli can do speed runs and hard 3D and it is also belt driven for both the main and tail rotors which means it is quiet. It also uses a metal main gear. I don't have any helis that use a belt for the main drive system so that's another reason why I want it for my collection.

Anyway if this contest requires me to choose a car then I will edit this post otherwise this is it.

TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; May 05, 2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old May 04, 2014, 02:55 PM
Someone is going to get wet...
The Mitt
Joined Oct 2007
1,003 Posts
My Favorite...

My Favorite is my Scratch built 1939 Rearwin Sportster named "Wally" in honor of my Dad. It's made from Dollar Tree foam board, Balsa and lite ply. My Dad owned the real thing and I had always wanted to make a RC model of it. This one is 60 inches with a EFlite geared 350 with all flight controls... Mudman1959
mudman1959 is offline Find More Posts by mudman1959
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The N9M-B "Kraken" Update:...
Old May 04, 2014, 03:22 PM
My head in the clouds!
Joined Mar 2014
117 Posts
My parkzone Artizan. Its a very agile plane and easy to fly!

Name: artizandecal.jpg
Views: 21
Size: 197.1 KB
Description:
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Old May 04, 2014, 04:53 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,246 Posts

Over the years I've owned and flown many r/c airplanes. I still have seven planes in the hangar that are "flyable" but this one is my favorite.

It's had the front fuselage completely broken off, the canopy has scratches from landing it upside down (and part of the vertical stabilizer got knocked off during that landing also), it has a warped right wing, it probably has a gallon of epoxy and polyurethane glue holding it together, the top and bottom of each wingtip has been ground down (ha), I replaced the engine cowl, the steering hardware, front wheel/tire, tossed in an OS 15 e-motor, gave it a new 50 amp ESC and it flies beautifully - really great vertical performance and a hoot to hand launch.

Inverted performance is very predictable and on 45C 2200 mAh batteries, I get lots of "punch" while still achieving long flight times.

It's easy to see in the air, I don't need a large area to take off or land but it's small enough to transport easily.

Yeah, I love flying this old beast - who wouldn't?

Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old May 04, 2014, 08:57 PM
United States, MI, Oxford Charter Township
Joined Dec 2012
380 Posts
My favorite plane is this Dusty I made to teach my son how to fly, my favorite car is my Associated RC10GT I converted to electric, i only have a picture of the plane right now will add car picture tomorrow.

Mike
Mikeofthenorth is online now Find More Posts by Mikeofthenorth
Last edited by Mikeofthenorth; May 07, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old May 04, 2014, 11:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
122 Posts
My favorite car is my Exo. It gets driven more than any other vehicle I own. My friend Jake was nice enough to take some photos for me. Let's see if lightning can strike twice.

Theibault is offline Find More Posts by Theibault
Old May 05, 2014, 01:55 AM
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Jan 2013
72 Posts
One of my favorite cars is my HPI WR8 Flux Ken Block GRC Ford Fiesta. Here it is in Red Bull Livery going through a jump during Round 5 of the 2014 HPI / Hot Bodies Challenge Series held at Heritage RC park (formerly CVRC) in Chula Vista, CA. My son placed third podium in the Rally Cross class. It is box stock except for the Savox coreless servo, Traxxas front shocks, Proline Power Stroke rear shocks (for Slash), Aluminum steering Knuckles, alum. front, rear up rights, alum. turn buckles. Fun to drive and has great potential. Wish more tracks would run this class, having raced most cars from a broad spectrum(1/10 F1 Rubber/Foam, 4wd TC/GT10, VTA 21.5 for on road. 1/10 2wd & 4wd SCT(Pro2 & 4)
multiflyer2 is offline Find More Posts by multiflyer2
Old May 05, 2014, 10:06 AM
Joined May 2014
1 Posts
Tlr 22-4

10th scale 4x4 is on the rise. I own a TLR 22 4x2 and I believe that it is a great running car, but I want to get into the 4x4 action too.
abacon is offline Find More Posts by abacon
Old May 05, 2014, 10:12 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,295 Posts
Mirage 2000 (0 min 6 sec)

that charger set up would be perfect for charging my flight packs!
stoneenforcer is online now Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old May 05, 2014, 10:48 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,654 Posts
Everyone good luck, is all I can say, as I live on the wrong part of the world to qualify for this contest.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SoloProFan; May 05, 2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old May 05, 2014, 11:47 AM
plane crasher extrordinaire
United States, IL, Waukegan
Joined Sep 2012
489 Posts
my favorite has to be my 3dhs 70" aj slick. havent flown it yet, but i know it will be a gret 3d plane and i cant wait to fly it.
microairman1 is online now Find More Posts by microairman1
Closed Thread