HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2004, 10:20 AM
Southern Norway
Joined Aug 2003
71 Posts
Rant
Traplet Publications Plan service

I recently ordered some plans from traplet, and they messed up and sent me only the wing plan. I've sent them e-mail twice, but they have not answered. Should I call my credit card company to have the transaction cancelled, or should i give them more time?

Anyone have experience in dealing with them?

I'll have to think twice before renewing my traplet magazine subscriptions.
Airbatic2000 is offline Find More Posts by Airbatic2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2004, 10:38 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,776 Posts
I havn't had problems with odering plans, but the Traplet plans I have arn't of a very good quality, iteams seems miss draw and not as they should be. I even know designers that have issues with the draftsman @ Traplet, complaining of plan information being lost in translation.
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Mar 31, 2004, 01:18 PM
Keep off the Grass!!
Cardiff Wales UK
Joined Jun 2003
1,681 Posts
I've been designing for traplet. I've noted what you say and will see what I can do to help you. Please E me with the problem in a pally way OK Chaps? Ps look at thread Jbest Vampire FB5 for some info for now
Adrian Britton is offline Find More Posts by Adrian Britton
Old Mar 31, 2004, 08:15 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
I've got a fair number of plans in the Traplet range too. All the proofs I've seen of my designs have followed my final tracings, though the earlier ones have been redrawn to fit on 'standard' paper sizes.

Contacting them. Unfortunately, despite what we all tend to think around here, e-mail is NOT always the best way to get in touch.

Appreciate that a phone call from Norway might not be feasible, but phone calls or letters stand more chance of attention than e-mails - they can't employ someone purely to sift through the mountains of e-mails any business receives these days. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell which of the daily mountain is just chatting and which is from folk like yoursefl. Have been on both sides of the equation ...

I've had a poke around my contacts there, see if I can help you out - it's a fair ways from me to them though.

Regards

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Apr 01, 2004, 10:07 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Yes, I have had problems with ordering plans from them before. But I called them up and worked it out.
I have no problem with the plans themselves, they make a huge range, some nicer than others.
I suppose plans sales is not a major thing for them, and sometimes things get overlooked or whatever, it's not a big deal.
They are a good company, and they will make good, they are not out to steal your money, they are just struggling to keep it together...nobody is getting rich publishing mags like theirs, I seriously doubt if a full time person would be available to deal with plans, so have patience and tolerance if they make a mistake, I would be reasonably sure it is not intentional.
I would take derek up on any contacts he has that might get direct attention, or do what I did...call. I suppose they are really swamped with email, that may not be the best way.
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Apr 02, 2004, 09:44 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
My 'little bird' at Traplet tells me that airbatic2000's first email never made it through - which is hardly surprising despite what we think of "The Web" - but it's there now and all should soon be resolved.

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Apr 15, 2004, 01:08 PM
Southern Norway
Joined Aug 2003
71 Posts
Here's an update on the situation.

Thanks to Dereck, who made contact trough a "back channel" I received an response from a customer care represant, asking about details on the missing plan. I responded immediately. This was 02. April. I never got a response back. Because of easter I decided to patiently wait. 13. April i re-sent my response, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Before I posted to this forum, I had sent two e-mails on 27. and 30. March which was never answered.

I know for a fact that my email servers are very reliable, and I find it strange that I never received a single failure notice if not any of my emails made it trough.

Traplet has made the choice to e-commerce enable their business, and I belive it should be possible reach them via their listed email address.
Airbatic2000 is offline Find More Posts by Airbatic2000
Old Apr 15, 2004, 01:35 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
"Traplet has made the choice to e-commerce enable their business, and I belive it should be possible reach them via their listed email address."

I can't argue there.
If they cannot handle the email traffic, they should just not offer it. Take the adress down, and do it all by phone.
You should call them.
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Jul 06, 2009, 05:57 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
do they just sell plane plans because i have a book it said u can get these plans..........from traplet
ringo2 is offline Find More Posts by ringo2