HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2004, 09:10 PM
Joined Nov 2003
120 Posts
New eolo pro glitches with cc60

Ok so I finally got my eolo pro put together (thanks rc hover). Its seems to be a high quality model. It seems a bit hard to adjust because there are so many parts in such a small package. Anyways Ive been trying to track down a glitching problem I have by replaceing each of the components with one from its ugly brother (my corona). I purchased a cc 60 for the model. When I put in the cc 25 from the corona the servos are much better behaved. I have tried rerouting wires ect. But now Im convinced it is the controller or the bec in the controller. Any sudgestions.
Thanks in advance for the help,
Aaron
aschen is offline Find More Posts by aschen
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2004, 09:17 PM
Dalton, Georgia, United States
Joined Apr 2003
113 Posts
BEC

I know a lot of people, like me, are using an external BEC for the internal one seems to cause a lot of glitching with the CCPM system on the EOLO.
Just a thought,
Wade
wademcgee is offline Find More Posts by wademcgee
Old Mar 31, 2004, 06:21 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,946 Posts
How many volts are you running (what battery)? I have used a CC Phoenix 35 and Phoenix 45 with no problems. Did you purchase the Phoenix 60 used? It could have a maintenance problem. If you send it to CC they will give it a free checkup.

I have found that the Eolo is fairly sensitive to the type of receiver and antenna location. What is your radio configuration?
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 31, 2004, 09:12 AM
Joined Nov 2003
120 Posts
Rc Man,
The phoenix is brand new from rc hover and it is getting power from 8x2700nimh. I mave a mini jr reciever but have tried a full sized one as well. The antenna has been wrapped around a long plastic tube and attached to the skids. I have tried many combinations o routing wires and the antenna.
Old Mar 31, 2004, 09:16 AM
Joined Apr 2003
113 Posts
I'm running a PCM futaba in mine now, and all glitches magically disappeared.
Old Mar 31, 2004, 11:24 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2000
1,134 Posts
PCM doesn't make glitches go away, it only masks them. If you have issues with PPM, you will have the same issues with PCM, you just won't know about them until you crash.
JeffD is offline Find More Posts by JeffD
Old Mar 31, 2004, 11:33 AM
Joined Apr 2003
113 Posts
I have found from personal experience that glitches are amplified by the FM rf signal. The PCM will actually filter some of it out, but you are correct that it won't make it "go away". Either way it improved my situation and after 20-30 flights, zero issues.
Wade
Old Mar 31, 2004, 01:21 PM
Joined Jan 2004
135 Posts
Been there done that!!

Heres what got the "glitch to go away"

First off! Use a reciever pack, take the red wire out of the cc60 plug and tape it back and outa the way.

This pefroms the same way a bec does. If the glitch goes away thats your problem!

Glitch still there option 2 antenna. You have already trouble shot that.

Finnal reason for glitch. To much load on the motor pinion and hs combo. Try less pitch, smaller pinion etc.

Im pretty sure its needs a bec. The reason is the bec on esc's dont provide enough amps to work 4 servos a gyro and a reciever. So momintarily the bec switches off the motor to power the reciever causing what we call a glitch!

James
UAV Pilot USA
wilsonjc81 is offline Find More Posts by wilsonjc81
Old Mar 31, 2004, 02:23 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,946 Posts
Why not go to a Phoenix 45?

I have no idea why you have a P60 anyway.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 31, 2004, 04:37 PM
Joined Nov 2003
120 Posts
Wilson your right it works fine with a battery. But what I cant understand is why the bec causes glitches even when the motor current is zero. RC manif my experience witrhrc helis has taught me anything it is that ill want a logo or something bigger in 5 months. I thought i might use the same controller if god forbid I total the eolo or I sell it. Rchover recomends them for high power eolos (which mine is not YET!!!) thanks for the great advice guys.
Old Mar 31, 2004, 04:44 PM
Crashing IS Flying
Cambridge, England
Joined Jan 2001
1,577 Posts
hmmm I am also getting odd glitches with my CC 35.

Surely these things are made to cope with heli electrics i.e. 4 servos and gyro

Regards

Jerry
jerrysimon is offline Find More Posts by jerrysimon
Old Apr 01, 2004, 09:14 AM
rchover
Foxboro , MA
Joined Jan 2003
498 Posts
PCM PCM PCM PCM...FM sux!

yeah yeah pcm hides issues but think about it a electric heli has so much going on to create glitching , more so than a glow heli because it has ESC/Motor/BEC/battery/gyro/ RX and not to mention the mechanics it is a RF nightmare....in a VERY small space.!!!

I messed with FM in the beginning ....well I got frustrated and I was about to run the heli over with the car , then I thought ??

why don't I try PCM? I use in my other helis.... DUH!!!

Haven't had a problem since!!!!!!!

PCM ALL THE WAY save your self alot of heart ake

PCM RULES IMHO
sorry to sound so stronge on this but it works..and it will cost you more for pcm but it is the most worth while thing you can do for any heli.
respecfully
Jeremy
www.rchover.com
Mckoi is offline Find More Posts by Mckoi
Last edited by Mckoi; Apr 01, 2004 at 10:45 AM.
Old Apr 01, 2004, 10:39 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2000
1,134 Posts
So what PCM receiver is recommended for Futaba TX? 149? Anyone tried the new Berg 6 GIII instead of a PCM receiver and gotten good results?
JeffD is offline Find More Posts by JeffD
Old Apr 01, 2004, 11:46 AM
Spring Valley. MN
Joined Jun 2000
4,458 Posts
From the reading I've done I think the Berg 6 GIII would be better than PCM. I've been looking in to the same problem trying to decide between the Berg 6 and the JR 770PCM.
buzzsaw 46 is offline Find More Posts by buzzsaw 46
Old Apr 01, 2004, 11:49 AM
Crashing IS Flying
Cambridge, England
Joined Jan 2001
1,577 Posts
I have just ordered a Schulze alpha 835 8 channel. FM - PPM

Similar to Berg I think in that it has a glitch counter and micro proc controlled signal analysis stage to suppress interference, like what happens in PCM, but cheaper and takes standard Futaba xstals.

I too was thinking about a Futaba 138DP PCM but it's twice the price and needs dual conversion xstals.

Will report back once I try it.

Regards

Jerry
jerrysimon is offline Find More Posts by jerrysimon
Last edited by jerrysimon; Apr 01, 2004 at 11:51 AM.