HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2004, 06:01 PM
Mmmmmm...Beer!
USA, NY, Seneca Falls
Joined Mar 2004
103 Posts
Question
Aero Hawk Heli Parts

Has anyone purchased the aftermarket CNC machined parts for the Aero Hawk, They look great but they cost just as much for the metal swash plate as the whole bird does! Does the metal main shaft ring work better than the surgical tube?
I was also told by a Hobby Lobby rep to keep the blades as tight as possible, not spinable on the main rotor lock nuts, he said thats what causes the flutter and shakes after lifting off. Any thoughts from you guys?
Thanks in advance,
Dino
Dino is offline Find More Posts by Dino
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2004, 06:10 PM
Melbourne
Joined Nov 2003
365 Posts
I wouldn't spend that kind of cash on a fixed pitch heli... save you money for a collective pitch bird instead!

Definitely get the shaft collar though - that tube is no good in the long run and can cause binding.

Re: blade tightness - I have mine tight enough that i can turn the whole rotor head with the blade barely moving at all if i put one finger on the outer edge of one blade and rotate the rotor head. Before you tighten the blades, hold one blade tip in your left hand and the other blade tip in your right hand, and pull them out evenly (this will get them very close to being perfectly inline) and then tighten them!
ihug007 is offline Find More Posts by ihug007